They even thought I had MS !

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

They even thought I had MS !

Postby DaveD » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:52 am

Hi all

Serial poster Dave here again . lol

I have been diagnosed with so many things over the years that by rights I should be in a wooden box by now !

At one point everything pointed to MS and the MRI would surely confirm this ... wrong again :roll:

I lay pound to a penny that 99.9 % of you have been diagnosed with allsorts too , haven't you ?

atvb

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Re: They even thought I had MS !

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 pm

:wave:

I remember being put on 4 different antibiotics for pain in my ears & fuzzy head plus a trip to ENT.... had a CT scan in the big doughnut etc....

Now know it was TMJ & FM :roll:

Iv had chest x-rays for my breathing when now i know its costochondritis & FM :roll:

Oh & i suffered swallowing difficaulties so yet again more antibiotics :dunno: but ended up being fm :roll:

Cant remember anymore atm :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby DaveD » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Heres a few more the docs mentioned

Occipital neuralgia
Chronic migraine
Soft tissue injury
Damaged nerve
Arthritis
IBS
MS
Brain Tumor

... honestly I could go on all day :roll:

Medication

Loperamide
co codemol
co proximal
diazepam
tramadol
amitriptyline
paroxitine

... another list I could carry on with but won't

Now I have Fibromyalgia and use Gabapentin and loperamide - I am supposed to take 8 co-codemol but get no relief from it so I may aswell save my kidneys :!:

atvb

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby dan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Has anyone been told it's anxiety ?

Dan.
dan
UKFM Member

Postby DaveD » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:34 pm

dan wrote:Has anyone been told it's anxiety ?

Dan.

Hi Dan

I was told that anxiety was causing the muscle spasms ( sorry thats another one ) in my back which was funny as I could have sworn it was the industrial accident that had caused this ? lol

True :roll:

Dave
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:19 pm

dan wrote:Has anyone been told it's anxiety ?

Dan.

This is a hard one as i do have anxiety. My GP was very good tho & refered me to physio (my earlier days) and she suspected FM saw rheumi and was DX so anxiety was ruled out as the main cultprate...

Anxiety symptoms are those of FM to...

Muscle stiffness & tension, muscle twitches, jaw clenching, painful neck .... list goes on

You'll find on the anxiety forums the majority suffer pain & tension
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby anne1206 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:38 pm

was at my first ever support meeting yesterday :D and found out tat most of us there wer sent to psychiatrists before anywhere else, so all our docs must have thought we were all mad or delusional :crazy: ha ha but we know differently , :lol: dont we :lol: :lol:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby dan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:59 pm

Before my heart condition was properly diagnosed I was told that my symptoms were due to anxiety.I was given Diazepam which I'm now hooked on.

Btw, I like your signature - durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
It just about sums it up doesn't it.

Dan.
dan
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:11 am

Depression... hah! That one sent me to A&E as I had a violent reaction to the anti-d's they put me on.

MS or brain tumour... two stays in hospital.

Stroke... lost count of the number of times they've thought I'd had one of them :roll:

Menieres... all ok, no problems with ears.

Dementia... tested above average on all sections.

Atthe moment it's back to the MS thing but neuro can't find anything, still got to have another MRI though :(

Think that's all, will get back to you if I remember anything else...
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Ange » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Neurosthenia....ME....CFS.....

Then they found I have autoimmune hypothyroidism. I'm kept middle of the ref range with that, which ensures that I put on loads of weight, hair drops out, and eyebrows are nearly none existent.....apart from all the reast of the cr*p that goes with hypo, all very sililar to fybro symptoms.

There's the fybro of course.

In the mean time I've had arthritis....then no arthritis...then widespread arthritis....then none again.

I've had lupus....then no lupus.....then lupus.....then no lupus again.

At this present time, I have had a clean MRI scan so there is in fact no MS, which is excellent......but the consultant stopped listening to me half way through and missed when I said that my leg weakness is worse now than it was in the 90s, the last time I was like this. So my GP now has a letter which says I have had a full recovery from the leg weakness..... :roll:

I'm due to go in to see my GP on Thursday to get some of these MINOR issues sorted out once and for all....
Ang x
Never drive faster than your Angels can fly.
Ange
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:58 pm

Well for me its housewife syndrome ,oh dear thats what they told me 11 yrs ago before fibro came to my rhumys attention .

Stuck at home with the children ( i loved being at home with my boys)

Feeling inadequate because of being at home ( I never felt inadequate i always saw my job as a mother as being very important )

Under the thumb of my husband (well maybe a bit but I wanted to look after him ,i was a homemaker)

Overweight ,lack of confidence ( undiagnosed hypothyroidism ,which leads to weight gain ,depression and of course lack of self esteem )

I received a pat on the bottom was told to go home and loose weight and get some self esteem.

Its a big joke isn't it.only we are the ones that are not laughing .

Motherelle x :banghead:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby DaveD » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:34 pm

motherelephant wrote:Well for me its housewife syndrome ,oh dear thats what they told me 11 yrs ago before fibro came to my rhumys attention .

Stuck at home with the children ( i loved being at home with my boys)

Feeling inadequate because of being at home ( I never felt inadequate i always saw my job as a mother as being very important )

Under the thumb of my husband (well maybe a bit but I wanted to look after him ,i was a homemaker)

Overweight ,lack of confidence ( undiagnosed hypothyroidism ,which leads to weight gain ,depression and of course lack of self esteem )

I received a pat on the bottom was told to go home and loose weight and get some self esteem.

Its a big joke isn't it.only we are the ones that are not laughing .

Motherelle x :banghead:

Even as a man I can sympathise with that :( , a very well written post too - thanks .

atvb

Dave
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Keep them coming Dave helps to keep the fibro fog on the run .xx :crazy:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:06 am

Yes i remember that one!!

When i saw the chiroprator he told me i had the very commen house wife syndrome :yikes:

I mainy get told its all in my head & anxiety :roll:

Had the lupas thing to
*Lisa*

Postby miajane » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:11 pm

The year before I was dx I had went to the dr's several times cos of pain (I hardly ever went to the dr's before this).
In my legs was a 'pulled muscle'
In my shoulder was also a 'pulled muscle',
In my neck was a 'trapped nerve',
My ankles and wrists 'sprains' (these were on separate occasions).
The week before I collapsed I had spasms in my legs which the dr had no idea what was causing it.

when I passed out and collapsed they thought it was a stroke or MS
When these were ruled out I was told it was stress (I wasn't stressed til I collapsed for apparently no reason)
I had numerous blood tests for all sorts of infections and deficiencies.

Eventually I was dx with fibro.
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems