Foot pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Foot pain

Postby dan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:53 pm

I get very achy ankles and knees after I've been walking or standing for a while and the muscles at the back if my thighs ache all the time even when sitting. Does this sound like FM ?.

Dan.
dan
UKFM Member

Postby rosie66 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:57 pm

Good grief, now pack it in you two, and get back to your feet :lol:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby spindell40 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:59 am

I get really bad foot and instep /ankle pain, some days it feels like im walking on shards of splintered glass, And the shoes i put on at the start of the day aren't the one i end the day with because my feet swell so much. My gp wants me to ahve steriod injections in my ankle joint and soles of my feet, but the thought of having them makes me feel reaaly ill, the injections are so painful i just can't bring myself to have them :yikes. Maybe one day i will brave it :dunno:
Spin xxxx
spindell40
UKFM Member

Postby DaveD » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:02 am

I am going to try some of those gel pad ' insole ' things , either that or strap a pillow to each foot .

A lot of people say about the walking on glass feeling but mine is more of a bruising ?

atvb

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Dave, has anyone mentioned myofascial pain to you? It's a common symptom with Fibro but requires slightly different treatment. With effective treatment it can be quite manageable though.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby DaveD » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:48 pm

LinzWorld wrote:Dave, has anyone mentioned myofascial pain to you? It's a common symptom with Fibro but requires slightly different treatment. With effective treatment it can be quite manageable though.

No never heard of it but I will be googling later thanks .

atvb

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:07 am

Look up Devin Starlanyl - she's probably the leading expert on myofascial pain and Fibro together.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby siam » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:42 am

spindell40 wrote:I get really bad foot and instep /ankle pain, some days it feels like im walking on shards of splintered glass, And the shoes i put on at the start of the day aren't the one i end the day with because my feet swell so much. My gp wants me to ahve steriod injections in my ankle joint and soles of my feet, but the thought of having them makes me feel reaaly ill, the injections are so painful i just can't bring myself to have them :yikes. Maybe one day i will brave it :dunno:
Spin xxxx

hi, my heels are like standing on 6 inch nails after 5 to 10mins, then i have to sit. i have gone thru all the podiatrist at the nhs with insoles and they say "if i don't get sharp pain as soon as i stand from say getting out of bed or if iv'e been sat for a while" then it is not plantar fasciitis.
so then i tried alot of over the counter insoles including memory foam and gel which also didn't work. then desperately i payed £1740 to a private company for 3 pairs of insoles which they offered a money back guarantee. they haven't worked and they company has now gone under so no refund.
i have been told by podiatrists, doctors and rhumys that steroid injections can take the pain away for a while but then pain comes back worse as they can cause damage.
i am waiting for an appointment to see a foot surgeon but have been told that when they see i have fibro they probably won't do anything. :cry:
alex
siam
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems