Sprained my wrist and I don't know how

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sprained my wrist and I don't know how

Postby greeneyesblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 pm

I woke up yesterday morning with a sprained wrist. It hurts to move or put the slightest bit of weight on. Is this a fibro thing? :?
greeneyesblue
UKFM Member

Re: Sprained my wrist and I don't know how

Postby shazq » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Thats sounds painful.
Sorry this has never happened to me.
You should let your GP know. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby miajane » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm not sure if it's a fibro thing but I've done something similar to my foot and ankle, when I was in the bath yesterday I noticed my ankle was swollen.
My feet and ankles hurt all the time cos of fibro but they don't usually swell. This morning it was very tender to touch and I've got a lovely bruise across the top of my foot right around my ankle, it's still swollen.
Because I'm always in pain with the fibro and I'm unsteady on my feet I didn't realise I had actually twisted it.
Is your wrist swollen, if not the pain could be fibro pain, though usually the pain migrates could be in your shoulder and neck one day, then in your wrists the next.
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby greeneyesblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:29 pm

It doesn't feel like regular fibro pain. Then again, fibro is about predictable as a rabid dog which is being consistently poked in the eye with a stick
greeneyesblue
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:41 pm

I have went to bed ok and woke up with a bad neck and had to go into a collar, i dont think that was fibro, but i do think we are most suseptible to easily brusing or spasms - you really never know what is fibro and what is just a normal incident eh
But i would go and see your Dr about your wrist.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby dollydaydream » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Do you sleep walk too? :D
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:06 am

Or are you hypermobile? Hypermobility is a risk factor for getting Fibro and also leaves you prone to inexplicable injuries!
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby greeneyesblue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:08 am

I do sleep walk and I'm also hypermobile. But not in my hands. Only in ankles, knees and hips funnily enough. From the waist up I'm pretty average :dunno:
I got doctors today at 2:40pm. He's gonna love seeing me for the second time in 5 days :tongueout:
greeneyesblue
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Although you may only have extra range in your lower joints, it's likely that collagen throughout your body is affected, so your wrists may be weaker than is normal too - I have this, can't bend my hands beyond the normal range but it takes very little pressure to dislocate the joint.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby greeneyesblue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:49 pm

Well, the doctor said my tendons are inflamed which is probably in part due to fibro and the hypermobility. So I'm in a wrist support until further notice. I've also got some ibuprofen to take along with my pregabalin and contraceptive. Oh goody, more pills :wink:
greeneyesblue
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:05 pm

I hope your pain eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ange » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:44 pm

I frequently get this. If I try to push myself up from sitting with the heel of my hand then my wrist goes, like it's sprained and takes a couple of days to go off.

Ang x
Never drive faster than your Angels can fly.
Ange
UKFM Member

Postby JoJoLee » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:58 am

Oh thank god its not just me!!!! I had the same thing 2 months ago and its still painful. If I turn my wrist a particular way its excruciating. They said it was tendonitis but now its been so long I was referred for an x ray - havent had the results back yet :( I cant carry stuff for fear of dropping it, and as I have to handle heavy medical equipment thats not great!
Had the same thing in shoulder a few months ago and after an xray found I had partially dislocate my shoulder!!! No treatment and it clicked back eventually.
JoJoLee
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Partial dislocations (or subluxations) are a complication of hypermobility syndrome. Physiotherapy to strengthen the muscles (so they can support the weak ligaments better) can help, as can myofascial release to deal with muscle tension and prevent it pulling joints out of line.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems