Eye pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Eye pain

Postby sheebee » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi having a really painful time at the moment pain all over but mainly in the neck and shoulders . This neck pain gives me terrible head and face pain my eyes especially one of them hurt so much all around the eye socket feels like my eye is going to pop out. Had this type of pain before and was wonderingif anyone else suffered from this type of symptom and any suggestions to relieve this awful pain :sick:
sheebee
UKFM Member

Re: Eye pain

Postby motherelephant » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Hello Sheebee sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment .I too get eye pain infact im going to the eye hospital this month .My eyes have also started to turn out due to muscle weakness.I am needing new glasses but my optician felt it best that I was seen at the hospital before I spent a fortune on new glasses.In regard to relief the only thing i do is rest my eyes as much as i can .I will ask about this pain when I go and report back to you .Takecare Motherelle xx :hugs:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby DerekJ » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:17 pm

I get quite a bit of eye pain and lose my central vision from time to time, but fortunately the vision loss doesn't last long.
DerekJ
UKFM Member

Postby sheebee » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Thanks for that the eye pain has gone again now but my eyes alter all the time i wear reading glasses but some days they can go all blurry then other days they can be fine. God it is so annoying why can i be normal :? :banghead:
sheebee
UKFM Member

Postby princess P » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:29 am

Hi 2 years ago my eyesight was paefect 20/20 vision. 1 year ago after feeling my eyes going blurry and seeing double, now one year on they are much worse i feel like ive got tunnel vision i dont seem to be aware of anything other than whats infrount of me. I think i will go back to the optician to get another eye test as i feel pain in my eyes and behind my eyes all the time. :crazy:
Hi any one I have a preliminary diagnosis of chronic widespread pain syndrome, whatever that is but g.p. is convinced its F.M. Sending out good vibes to all . x
princess P
UKFM Member

Postby DaveD » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:02 am

I am slightly short sighted in my right eye with an astigmatism , not sure if the pain in linked nut when I get a migraine the pain is worse than anything I have ever experienced . I have to use freezing cold ice packs on my eyes / head and that only just knocks the edge off the pain .

Gabapentim has helped though I must say .

atvb and hope you feel better soon

Dave
You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.
DaveD
UKFM Member

Postby samaritan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Hello, I have dreadful pain in my right eye. It feels like a horriffic pressure in the back of the eye. bending to the ground or trying anything that requires movement is very painful.I had mri etc and it was fine. The doc thought it was sinus problems but that too has been ruled out! I am left with the incredible pressure pain headaches all behind my right eye. Help!
samaritan
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dawnie Marks » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:50 am

I have experienced problems with my eyes and for some years before I was diagnosed. The hospital could not find anything wrong and I had good vision. I had terrible pain if I tried to look to the sides, up or down. They even sent me to have my ears checked in case it was balance. Now I understand it was the muscles so next time it happens I won't feel as frightened. It really is not nice and I hope you feel better soon

Dawn x
Dawnie Marks
UKFM Member

Postby stephanini » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:31 am

I have problems with my eyes too...its called "UVEITUS"...

heres some information: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Uveitis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

the cause that you may find is related to your FM is found on the causes page:

Health conditions

Uveitis may be associated with the following conditions:
an inflammatory or autoimmune condition (when the body attacks its own organs), such as arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis (arthritis of the spine), Reiter's syndrome, Behçet's disease, sarcoidosis, psoriasis or inflammatory bowel disease,

I hope this helps and puts your mind at rest...it may be worth mentioning to your doctor
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:24 am

Fibro isn't an inflammatory autoimmune condition so Uveitis wouldn't be associated with it, although it could be associated with other, inflammatory, conditions you may have on top of Fibro.

Pain around the eye can also be down to migraine, myofascial trigger points and/or TMJD (which can be caused by myofascial trigger points) or sinus issues.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems