migranes

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: migranes

Postby bookworm » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi there'

I use a combination of a 4Head stick, cold water compress bith on my forehead and the back of my neck and lying in a completely dark room.

The stick works on the pain, the cold compresses work on the dilated blood vessels and the darkened room is much gentler on my eyes.

Some take longer than others to go, but generally this combination seems to do the trick or at least make it more bearable.

(((hugs))) to you
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:26 pm

i have suffered from migraines for years. and have tried all sorts of over the counter meds. but none of tehm worked so the gp has put me o pitzofen. 1.5mg at night. and touch wood sinc ei ve taken that i have approx one migraine every other month unless im really stressed.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby measles » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Sudden bad migraines were the first "official" symptom of FM that I had and they became chronic over 3-4 months. However, with betablockers and 30mg Amitryptyline a day they are under control. I still get them and the weird neuro things that go with them, the heavy red face on one side, difficulty finding the word I want and pain on one side of head but they are much more "distant" and not acutely sore.
measles
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems