Unable to "wee" properly ???

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Unable to "wee" properly ???

Postby shrimp » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:12 pm

hi all

this is mainly for the ladies - for about 2 weeks now i have been unable to "wee" properly - i can feel the need to go but when i get there i can sit for ages before a dribble starts, then stops, then starts and continues until i feel empty. it feels as tho i cannot relax enough for a full non stop flow if that makes sense? i dont have any infections or anything but do have severe endometriosis and am wondering if that could be effecting me or maybe fibro can effect that area also.
it feels like its been so long since i had a really strong flow !!!!......

anyone else?

thanks
shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: Unable to "wee" properly ???

Postby pinksandblues » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:51 am

Hi , I also have endmetreosis although its been sent into remission for quite a while :D but i also have the problems you say about , i have treated it with cystitus remedies though and drank lots of cranberry juice and that has helped , if it persists for more than a few days though then i would check with your dr , i have had it to the stage where nothing would come out and then just blood streaks and it gets painful :( , so dont leave it too long , best wishes , wendy :)
pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:49 am

I have this problem but for me I think it is due to the gabapentin. It might be worth checking your meds to see if it's a side effect of any of them.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby siam » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:43 am

hi shrimp,
i know you said this is one for the ladies but i had the same problem when i was on duloxetine and had to stop taking them. a week later and the problem has gone so i would check your meds with the doc and see if its a side effect.
alex
siam
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:35 pm

I am the other way, i keep going, i have been waking up 3 to 4 times a night going. :roll:
My OH does have the same problems as you, he gets there and cant go, it affects male & females.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby unigirl1981 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:15 pm

gillshutt wrote:I have this problem but for me I think it is due to the gabapentin. It might be worth checking your meds to see if it's a side effect of any of them.

thats quite interseting because for the last 3 weeks or so i have been unable to fully empty when having a number 1 and i do take gabapentin. did you go to the dr's and they said yours was due to the gabapentin Gill?

i am glad i came across this post because while its not painful it is really annoying for me when i have to sit for ages and often i think i have "gone" and get back to the bed, sofa etc to find i havent fully gone at all and i need to go back and sit again for ages!
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:55 am

I haven't been to the docs about it although I did mention it to the neuro when I was there. I've found that if I have to up the gabapentin the problem gets worse and vice versa so I'm almost sure it's that. Having had the opposite problem before due to a baby with a BIG head :lol: I'm not going to give the docs any chance to take me off them, especially as they are a life saver to me painwise.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shrimp » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:57 pm

thanks for your replies everyone........i have been on the same meds for quite some time now so dont think it could be those, but who knows,,,you can be tolerate with one thing today but not tomorrow.
i think it makes it worse when i go for a wee and think about the problem !!!!....

wendy - glad your endo is behaving itself for you - i wish mine was - my next surgery is part bowel removal.....but thats gotta wait - got 2 1/2 yr old twins so its a no no at present....

shrimp xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby pinksandblues » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:57 am

Thanks Shrimp , i can feel its only a matter of time before it gets me bad again but im 47 now and hoping if the change comes soon then i can be rid of it for good , you sound like its taken you through the mill its a very nasty condition on its own without any other probs , take care , wendy :)
pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:11 am

I have been known to run a tap while on the loo to see if that helps, might be worth a try :D
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Amatrypaline is given to young children who have problems with wetting the bed .So if you are taking this it could be having the same effect but at a much later date when its built up in your system .Motherelle xx
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby unigirl1981 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:12 pm

when i was a carer i looked after a lady with ms who had problems going for a wee and she used a massager on her lower tummy when on the loo and rocked slowly back and forth and that worked wonders!!!

she was going to have a catheter and was desperate not too so we tried everything for her and this combination worked.

misght be worth a go?
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:27 pm

well am happy to say that at present my "wee" problem has gone away and able to go ok for now !!!

shrimp xx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems