swelling

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

swelling

Postby lullabybunny1 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Hello, i have a little prblem regarding swelling/bloating. I am overweight my waist measures 39" (normally). By the end of the day my waist is usually 49/50". I have unbelievable stretch marks. and the skin is so tight it hurts. Today i got up at 11.30am and my waist is already 45". It's really sore today. I wear maternity clothes as if i wear normal clothes i can't get them off at night lol, saying that i only get dressed if i need to, otherwise i wear a baggy nightshirt as its more comfortable. I regulary get asked 'when im due'. This used to upset me but i just don't care anymore lol, just answer with, 'im not'. They are usually more embarrased that me lol. this is what i look like today without the outie belly button lol Image

Is the swelling/bloating part of the FM or should i see someone. I also suffer from IBS.
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Re: swelling

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi
I get bloating too, again in the morning when i get up my tummy is quite flat but in the evening it swells.
I think you should show your GP how much you do swell, that does seem to be a bit large.
I can understand how that makes you feel.
Hope your GP can give you some answers. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Littles » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Have you looked into Candida at all?

I had Candida a few years ago and any yeasty or sugary foods made me swell beyond belief.
Littles
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Definitely check with a doctor but it could be due to IBS, as I used to get this bad. The book 'The First Year: IBS' by Heather Van Vorous is very good and helped me to finally control my symptoms.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems