ibs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ibs

Postby princess » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Who has this and what is the pain like?
and what side is it in?
I have pain in right side and have to go to hospital, when i suggested it maybe ibs the Drs said its not the right pain?????????????????/
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: ibs

Postby rosie66 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:37 pm

I do princess, i just descibe it as a bad stomach ache,i'm not in pain,but its that bad i have to go and lie down and it goes on for hours, i can't eat or drink,as it seems to make it worse,even going to the loo doesn't help either,it makes it worse,i just like to go to bed and be left alone :hugs:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 pm

I have crohns & ibs
My pain is always on my right hand side. (low down.). I have pain all the time but when it flares i am crippled in pain, its a bit like contractions. Its enough to make you stop what you were doing.
I have had my bowel kink and was rushed into hospital, they had to remove that part of my bowel.
I also get blocked and have ulcers and polops, i have had 4 ops to remove sections of my bowels.
My crohns is worse where they join. (the big/little intestine.).
I get very bloated after eating, my tummy will double in size after food.
I dont eat spicy food as this makes me worse.
Its either constipation diarrhea you cant win. Again it is not curable but it is treatable.
I get used to living with the pain, but i do know that when it gets very painful i have to get to hospital.
It also causes me to be sick during a flare.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:55 pm

I had a good look at all the bowel problems but oh well ill just have to wait and see what the consultant says eh.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Fingers crossed that it wont be your bowels princess.
Hope they give you some answers soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:29 pm

Well looks like its either bowel or gyn - either one isnt good but as long as its not sinister i will be happy to get checked out no matter how uncomfortable.
The pain killers are really helping, but dont want to stay on 4 100 trammies a day for long.
Thanks for all the help folks.
Im sore right side lower like an absess and feels warm - then middle at hair line is uncomfortable, and under right rib - i feel like i am peeing a lot and i get shooting pains down my right leg, well i think thats it. Have to go when i have to go too. lol
Just as well i can laugh today, wasnt like this last week was quite down with it all, but just keep fingers and toes crossed i get taken to surgical soon.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby cariad » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:18 pm

HI Princess. Sorry to hear your suffering. I have had IBS for 40 years now. The pain is always the same starting in my left side just above where you can feel your hip socket and then moving to front left side eventually moving to across lower abdomen. I also suffer from bloating and find eating little and often helps to reduce the feeling of fullness. Worst thing I can do is niss a meal so however not hungry I am I will have at least a piece of toast as the pain is almost intolerable if my stomach is empty. I now take Colfax which helps a bit. Hope they find out what the problem is and alleviate it for you. :hugs:
cariad
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Well just waiting for that letter to pop through the post.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby sam-hunt » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:33 pm

I've had IBS for almost a year now, and the worst part of it for me is the unpredictability of it. One day, all might be fine, then the day after, stomach cramps and completely irregular bowel movements.

When I get cramps/pain, it's mostly down my right side, and spreads over to my left. Luckily, that's not too common, although I feel bloated most of the time, and it does sometimes look like I'm pregnant!

Amitriptaline really helped for me, and it's pretty much calmed down all my IBS symptoms. I have bad days here and there, but I now mostly just concentrate on the FM difficulties.

I have undergone a few medical examinations with relation to my bowel symptoms: an ultrasound scan (painless, very little to worry about); and a colonoscopy (worst part was having to fast for the day before!). Both came back as nothing serious, so IBS was the default diagnosis for me.

Hope you get good news, or at least a diagnosis.
Sam
Good listener, bad talker.
sam-hunt
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:51 pm

I've has IBS for about 14yrs. My pain seems to be mainly on the right side, and feels like I'm having contractions when the spasms start. These days my diet makes a difference to how bad it is. If I eat well, the symptoms are much less severe, but when I have a junk food blow out, then I pay the price big style!!! I have a lot of bloating as well, at times I think being pregnant and experiencing the pain of giving birth again would be a lot less painful than the stomach cramps etc!!! :twisted:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:13 pm

When my IBS wasn't under control, I was told twice that there was no way IBS caused that kind of pain and so I had A&E trips in agony, only to find it was IBS after all.

However, it's very very important to get thoroughly checked before you get an IBS dx and then if symptoms change.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby groovy_chick » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am

princess wrote:Who has this and what is the pain like?
and what side is it in?
I have pain in right side and have to go to hospital, when i suggested it maybe ibs the Drs said its not the right pain?????????????????/
princess

Hi Princess,

I have similar problem so sadly can't comment on whether it is IBS or not. I ended up in hospital once with awful right sided pain and they concluded I had biliary colic and was constipated :? last week horrendous pain in my left lower abdo woke me up, I thought I was having kidney stones, eventually pain eased so I ended up going to walk in centre (of course it was the weekend) and they thought I probably had uti/gynae/bowel/referred from back problem and offered to send me to hospital on emergency but I declined (given the treatment I had last time :evil: ) so gave me some trimethoprim for uti and suggested to see my gp asap. I ended up seeing a female gp who did pv exam and concluded I was definitely constipated so badly she couldn't even feel my ovary :oops: :oops: :oops: !!!!!! But she couldn't be sure if it had cyst on it or was squashed by constipation :oops: . Anyhow, she has ordered pelvic ultrasound to exclude cyst/endo etc. So now just have to wait :( dunno what to do anymore as get really bad ovulation pain and really bad period pain but my periods are quite light and also get period like pain in between, does this sound like endo? On the other hand also get very badly constipated so not sure if that is causing pelvic pain/period like spasms. Am awaiting colonoscopy so that will be a laugh NOT :( I am swaying between diverticulitis/IBS and endo/ovarian cyst and disc problem in lumbar spine lol so quite a wide remit there :roll:
Any ideas anyone, sorry to hijack your post princess :oops:
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Groovy

Sorry to hear you are having a bad run of problems.
Hope you get some answers soon.
Good luck with the colonoscopy. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby groovy_chick » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks shaz,
not looking forward to it at all but it's not until november so am putting my head in sand at the moment and eating lot of prunes and drinking movicol by buckets instead :roll: My picolax arrived for the prep so I thought if this doesn't make me go and rip my guts out nothing will lol :(
Aaaarrrggghhhh, just want to be well and pain/trouble free again lol is it such a high demand?????? :dunno:
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Groovy
I hate movicol, i cant take it i heave before it gets to my mouth. lol.
Picolax works on me, last time i had a colonscopy the first picolax did not work. :yikes:
The second one did.
Let us know how you get on with it. good luck. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems