sick family members

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sick family members

Postby lullabybunny1 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:13 pm

The worse I am getting the less sympathetic i feel towards people who say they don't feel well.
My mum today has complained of feeling sick. She is in bed with a bucket and I just don't feel anything. I keep thinking that I feel worse than that ALL THE TIME and I have to just GET ON WITH IT. I feel like no one believes me when i say i can't carry the bottle of milk from the front door to the dining table, because it's too heavy. They just look at me... I end up picking it up and carry it in my arms like a baby. Which brings me onto my next subject. As i mentioned in an earlier post i keep dropping things. I dropped a bag of potatoes yesteray (2.5kg/5.5lbs) I am a little aprehensive as the baby is now 4.5kg/10lbs. What if i drop him? Anyway thats not the point of this post. I just wanted to moan about how everyone expects me to 'be used to it' and that even 9 years on it's still painful and I can't just 'get on with it'. I want a day off every now and again. I said i was going to bed today at 5.30pm and all i got was who's going to do the dinner?! Do i mean anything to my family at all?
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Re: sick family members

Postby princess » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:48 pm

WE all drop things us with Fibro and me - we have the shakes off and on, we have tics - so what you are describing is normal for me anyway.
I couldnt even carry a book at one point.
I certainly couldnt carry a bag of tatties now.
Shame for your Mum feeling so ill, but i know you feel no one is sorry for you being ill, all the time - but there is no point in going deep with that, just be kind to your Mum - you only get one and you know when they go you really miss them so much your heart hurts.
Princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi
I often drop things too, today has been a bad day for dropping things.
I just cant seem to grip things. So we all underdstand how you feel.
Have you spoken to your family to let them know how you are feeling?. Its hard to cope when you feel you have no support.
I am sure once you explain they might come around. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby smiler22 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:27 pm

im sure they do understand but in ways they may feel that they dont want toi talk to you about it as it makes itreal if you see what i mean.

as for dropping the baby. im sure you wont. you realise the baby is precious so you adjust.
my friend has a little boy and ive always had bad arms as i have rare arms. i have managed over the years to hold and change babies etc. to go upstairs i go up on my bum with baby in my arms. and just do it one at at a time. when i get to the top i put the baby or toddler to one side in safety and then get myself up onto my knees then pick th ebaby up then get into the room and once again start the next way of coping.

coming downstairs i go down on my bum. if the tolddler is able to sit and climb them i get them to go down on their bottoms too.there are ways and means around everything if you just keep your patience.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems