Tietze syndrome

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tietze syndrome

Postby socoolmum » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:57 am

Hi, does anyone suffer from Tietze or costochondritis as well as fibro and arthritis :?: :?: I could do with help on treatment, I am also asthmatic and have just tried arthrotec but made me feel worse and gave me very disturbed nights. Has anything helped for you? Debra
socoolmum
UKFM Newbie

Re: Tietze syndrome

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:48 pm

I've had bouts of costo - it's the most awful thing! Heat helps me usually (I can't do ice) and ibuprofen or diclofenac gel - I only ever rub it on and don't take tablets unless I absolutely have to.

Oh and check you don't have myofascial trigger points in your chest muscles - they can mimic costo but need injections or myofascial release therapy (a form of physical therapy/massage) instead.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:48 pm

You could also try breathing exercises to help with the costo, long slow breathes in through your nose and out through your mouth. It helps with the asthma as well.. I know how bad costo can get, I have bouts when my entire rib cage goes into spasm :( and if you start to breath shallow breaths so it doesn't hurt it can trigger an asthma attack :roll: been there done that, so keep your inhaler with you as well. ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Strawberry » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:48 am

I also suffer from costo, i get really bad flares from time to time. I use the gels and tramadol
Strawberry
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:57 am

Me too (costo) The only thing that helps is a wheat bag and breathing exercises. The gp put me on steroids when I was laid up with it but they did nothing so I'm presuming costo not Tietze.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Lisa21 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:15 pm

I was also diagnosed with costo in 2005. I get very long bouts of it, and it has been bad this past week.I find it so difficult to breath as it feels so tight, and also hurt. No help at all with it.Have felt quite alone with it really. I use heat mainly, and cannot use tramadol as i am allergic to it. It makes me vomit terribly and my head hurt. Some horrible symptoms.
Fibromyalgia, Costochondritis, Hypermobility, Asthma, Crohn's Disease,PCOS, Vitamin D & B12 Deficiency
Lisa21
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems