Bleeding from the joint after flareup

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bleeding from the joint after flareup

Postby plt1964 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:20 pm

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had bleeding from a joint after a bad flareup of FM?.I had a bad time over the last few weeks with my left arm and around the elbow joint as well. Went in the shower the other day and then looked in the mirror and found what looked like a bruise around my elbow,but I haven't hit it at all.
Paula
plt1964
UKFM Newbie

Re: Bleeding from the joint after flareup

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi
Sorry i have never heard of this happening with fibro.
If it does not heal tell your GP.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby mica8633 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi
I suffer from spontaneous bruising too. But i was also diagnosed with Von Willebrands Disease as well as Fibro which is excessive beeding and my blood lacks clotting factor. If the bruises persist i.e start appearing on other parts of the body i would see your doctor. I don't take meds for this but if i have to have an op or tooth removed or i cut myself bad then i have to have a drip. Also i have regular blood tests to check the levels .

Hope this helps

SHell xx
mica8633
UKFM Member

Postby yonark » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:23 am

i get problems with the joints in my fingers. a get a sharp cramp like pain in the joint then it goes very tender and black and blue a bit like a blood blister and then it's quite sore for a few days later. when i talked to the doc she said is was my joint bleeding due to my hypermobility
yonark
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:37 am

I suppose the blood is in your head as well. Here, take some anti-dressents and it will all go away.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby plt1964 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:20 am

Thankyou all for your reply.
I have had other 'bruises' appear at times on my body.

I Have suffered with Liver cirrosis for many years ( not due to drink), but I dont think it is this as for the first time in Many years my ALT bloods have come back very low 36.

I hate going to my docotrs but supose I will have to take the bull by the horns and do it lol.

Thanks again.
Paula x
plt1964
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems