[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Rib pain

Rib pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Rib pain

Postby GeminiGirl » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi Everyone

Yesterday morning when i woke up I had pain in my middle ribs on my left side - its still there and gets worse or better depending on what way I move. Just wondering if others have had this happen to them??
GeminiGirl
UKFM Member

Re: Rib pain

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi
Sorry to hear about your rib pain, i have not suffered with that.
Have you had a cough lately? The reason i ask is because i have known people to damage their ribs by keep coughing.
You should let your GP know if it continues.
Hope it eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby garetjax » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 pm

yes i get it very often
and somtimes they seem stuck together, rub some ibuprofen gel on its about all you can do for it
Forsan miseros meliora sequentur - For those in misery perhaps better things will follow
garetjax
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I have bouts of pain around my ribs. Sometimes when I breath it feels as if my lungs are sticking to the inside of my rib cage. Very strange and uncomfortable sensation. Usually lasts for a few days, up to a week, then eases off. Happens at any time, doesn't seem to be linked to a cold or cough.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gillshutt » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:21 am

It sounds like the interstitial muscles have cramped up and flared. This happens to me a lot. They've put it down to costo although I get it all over and sometimes in patches... a small patch at the bottom on the left of my rib cage is always in pain :(

Look for info on costo
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby SquireB » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Yes, I feel as if I have bruised my ribs in the mid-section. I feel it when I take a deep breath. I have put it down to just another bit of my body that hurts!
SquireB
UKFM Member

Postby sezzy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:01 pm

My ribs feel permanently like they are bruised, very uncomfortable with my bra and also when I am hugged :( Occasionally, about 3/4 times this year so far, I get a spasm which lasts about a week and is excrutiatingly painful. My consultant has only just diagnosed FM and he puts it down to that?
sezzy
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems