Rib pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Rib pain

Postby GeminiGirl » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi Everyone

Yesterday morning when i woke up I had pain in my middle ribs on my left side - its still there and gets worse or better depending on what way I move. Just wondering if others have had this happen to them??
GeminiGirl
UKFM Member

Re: Rib pain

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi
Sorry to hear about your rib pain, i have not suffered with that.
Have you had a cough lately? The reason i ask is because i have known people to damage their ribs by keep coughing.
You should let your GP know if it continues.
Hope it eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby garetjax » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 pm

yes i get it very often
and somtimes they seem stuck together, rub some ibuprofen gel on its about all you can do for it
Forsan miseros meliora sequentur - For those in misery perhaps better things will follow
garetjax
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I have bouts of pain around my ribs. Sometimes when I breath it feels as if my lungs are sticking to the inside of my rib cage. Very strange and uncomfortable sensation. Usually lasts for a few days, up to a week, then eases off. Happens at any time, doesn't seem to be linked to a cold or cough.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gillshutt » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:21 am

It sounds like the interstitial muscles have cramped up and flared. This happens to me a lot. They've put it down to costo although I get it all over and sometimes in patches... a small patch at the bottom on the left of my rib cage is always in pain :(

Look HERE for info on costo
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby SquireB » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Yes, I feel as if I have bruised my ribs in the mid-section. I feel it when I take a deep breath. I have put it down to just another bit of my body that hurts!
SquireB
UKFM Member

Postby sezzy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:01 pm

My ribs feel permanently like they are bruised, very uncomfortable with my bra and also when I am hugged :( Occasionally, about 3/4 times this year so far, I get a spasm which lasts about a week and is excrutiatingly painful. My consultant has only just diagnosed FM and he puts it down to that?
sezzy
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Costochondritis can be caused by stress & FM and injury.....

I have suffered with this now for many years, at my worst i was bed bound for over 4months :shock:

I know manage my costo very well....

My physio is the key for me

She lays me on my sides and feels inbetween each rib and where the muscles have scrunched up she stretches out :shock: does the job!!!!

also feels for trigger points on my front chest wall & back/neck etc

I found no medications really helped apart from spasamol which relaxes the stomach giving you more room to breath & an inhalor to expand the lungs when muscles tighten

Freeze gel is another good one....

I found warmth agrivated mine and anti-inflammes.....

I also find any bloating pressed and was an agrivater

breathing exercises helps and limit stress

:grouphug:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems