going to see the thingymabob tomorrow

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

going to see the thingymabob tomorrow

Postby lullabybunny1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:17 am

i can't remeber the name of the woman who im going to see, well i can reeber her nae she's is Dr Jackson, she is a... oh what's the name... a neurologist, that's it. Anyway im going to see her at 3.40pm, probably will be asleep if im well enough, which its not looking good. She diagnosed me with pnes, functional seizures. i thought id been discharged but my mum has an appointent in her diary for e lol, so maybe i haven't. im sorry about the M key, it;s doing my head in. I will be seeing if i can get some tablets to stop the seizures as i a still having about 4 day. Quite frankly it's soething i could do without. Last time i asked about anti-convulsants she said i couldn't have them as they aren't epileptic, which is a load of rubbish isn't it. So I will let you know how i get out
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Re: going to see the thingymabob tomorrow

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Good luck at the hospital.
write any questions down so you dont forget what to ask when you go in.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lullabybunny1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:53 pm

The hospital was a complete waste of time, seen a couple of people coming out of the consultant room crying and felt really sorry, then it was my turn, she said basically there's nothing they can do for me, which i sort of already knew but when they doctor tells you its quite upsetting, she went on about the importance of getting out etc, she said i know it's hard, erm, no she doesn't, she has no idea, she strikes me as one of those people who sail through life without a problem. just feels like even after i told her about y'day it wasn't enough, like it'll never be good enough.
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:35 pm

Dont be hard on yourself i came across a Dr like that, no a Consultant when i was in last week, he was very interested in me till i said i had ME/Fibro and you could see he just turned off - it was the Sister who saved the day for me and the Ward Dr who was younger and understood ME/Fibro - they just dont get it do they!!!!!
One day.......................one day.
Its not your problem its THEIR PROBLEM!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:12 am

Sorry to hear you did not get any answers at the hospital.
You should ask for a second opinion.
Did they diagnose anything else.? Hope you get some answers soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:10 am

Why is there nothing that can be done for you? That is never true.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Well taht's not on is it. If your fits aren't down to epilepsy then they need to find out what's causing them so they can do something about them. they can't just leave you having fits for no apparent reason. If it isn't epilepsy then the drugs wouldn't work anyway so I can understand that point of view BUT they need to find out the cause otherwise it will carry on :shock:

Jeez there's some dull docs out there. I think a lot of these consultants are infuriating. If they discover the problem isn't down to anything to do with their field then they just kick you back out on the street instead of referring you to someone who could help!
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby siam » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:06 pm

LinzWorld wrote:Why is there nothing that can be done for you? That is never true.

this is the answer from rhumatologists, neurologists, podiatrists, orthopedics, physiotherapists, 3 pain clinics and all the other consultants iv'e seen.
we can't help you :!:
they say there is no cure, no treatment, and no need to keep swapping tablets or mixing them :x
so i come on here for ideas of medication and tell my gp, who most of the time will not prescribe some of them.
siam
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:55 pm

Ah, yes. So really they should be saying "there is nothing that I will or can do for you". A bit different really as doctors aren't gods, whatever some of them think, and just because they don't know something, doesn't mean there's no answer.

There may still be things that you can do for yourself.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems