'barometer' feeling

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

'barometer' feeling

Postby Chilledchill » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:48 pm

My body is a human 'barometer' big weather changes are killing me atm ... am wondering how many others suffer like this?
Chilledchill
UKFM Newbie

Re: 'barometer' feeling

Postby andy12720 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 pm

yep think we are all like it i felt the best i had in ages when i went abroad nuce and hot n sunny, that soon changed when i arrived at a damp wet manchester soon felt the pains and aches returning :wave:
andy12720
UKFM Member

Postby Harley » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:38 am

I'm a big believer in the weathers affects on people with FM.I'm always being asked what the weathers going to do because the pressure changes have such an effect on me I know when a low front is going to move in or out :lol:

I read an article a while ago that was written in the late 1800's, the Dr who wrote it said that he believed "myalgia" to be governed by the weather and the moon phases and after speaking to quiet a few sufferers I also believe it has some influence on us.

I know it probably sounds far fetched to some people I'll carry on believing until I'm proved wrong. :D
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby Chilledchill » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:48 am

well this winter is really bad for me - and nothin can be done (thats the hard bit to come to terms with) - even tho i have been digignosed for over 16 yrs - this yr seems to be the worse pain wise - but still i smile :wink:
Chilledchill
UKFM Newbie

Postby LinzWorld » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Yep, I get this. This weather is torture! I've found that staying warm and dry helps - sounds obvious but sticking indoors with central heating is good, but if I go out in this weather, even if I wrap up well and go to the car, I'll hurt.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:52 pm

I am another one affected by the weather.
The cold damp winters make my body hurt. :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby groovy_chick » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Interesting...

it is a well known and accepted fact on 'the continent' that the weather affects one's health, particularly headaches, muscles and joints. Where my parents live, they have daily weather 'bio' forecast with their pollen and UV index forecast to warn and advice people if their joints/muscles/headache are going to be affected.
It is also known that people having arthritis can 'forecast' weather change.
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby Hedgewitch » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:08 pm

People laugh because I can always tell when its going to rain and tell how far off the rain is depending on how sore my left leg is!!!! Sounds mad I know, but its been like this since I was tiny and has been a bit of a standing joke in my family, and you know -I'm never wrong.

I woke up in so much pain last night because my leg was so bad and without even looking I knew it must have been pouring with rain. Bizarre!
'to thine own self be true'
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby Harley » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:38 pm

I sometimes think I only get invited to BBQ's so they can ask me what the weathers going to do :roll:

It's not a nice thing to be affected with, especially at this time of year.
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:42 pm

I have definatly noticed the change in weather this year upsetting my FM...

Where i am its been very mild BUT last week it became very bitterly cold and BANG! :shock:

Im in a nasty flare.... stiff/sore and the morning are awful!... sleeping has become worse :roll:

I find the cold wind flares my face & neck so always where a thick scarf
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby fragglerox » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:47 pm

This place is great - I'm picking up so many tips! I never thought my flare-ups could be to do with the weather but now I think about it....hmmm.

Just a thought - does anyone here suffer from SAD too? I wonder if I psychologically feel so bad in winter because I know that physically I'm going to suffer or vice-versa. :crazy:
fragglerox
UKFM Member

Postby hack1971 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:17 am

yep im the same cold and wet makes the pain worst and when its warm i cant handle it either cause all i do is sweat.and have to icelollys nikki
hack1971
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:48 am

Affected by changes in the weather here as well :( Have been feeling as lousy as the weather has been, just either want to curl up and hibernate or be on a paradise island with a bronzed Adonis pandering to my every whim and fancy :D No chance of either happening tho, so will just have to soldier on as usual as the world will stop if I do, well according to OH and offspring anyway :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby monstermit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:10 pm

cold and damp and humid are the worst for me... i need to go to hot dry countries!!!
x
monstermit
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:58 am

:wave: me too
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems