Bowel problems?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bowel problems?

Postby princess » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Does anyone have bowel problems, if so can you describe the pain to me, and how it affects you?.
thanks
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Bowel problems?

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:08 pm

I do.
Will pm you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby groovy_chick » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:18 pm

princess wrote:Does anyone have bowel problems,

what sort of problems were you thinking princess?
Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:44 pm

You know i hae been told i have renal colic but they cant find the stone - well now they are saying my bowel is affected too - so got me on anti spasmodics.
Guess they think irritable bowel Syndrome - just wanted to know who had what and what the symptoms are:

Im sore from kidney right down to vagina - like cramping for days at a time and then its eases but never really goes away - any ideas about bowel pain in right side?
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby groovy_chick » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:19 am

which side princess?

I had problems for a while now too. Started off with ? renal colic but kidneys etc fine so was told biliary colic but no stone found, then had endoscopy = nothing found, had colonoscopy = nothing found, pelvic ultrasound = nothing found to cause pain etc. Guess I will end up with IBS too SIGH! Anything starts off your pain or is it completely random?
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:50 pm

My right side from kidney to bladder.
Its there all the time and gets worse for days on end - ive had all these tests too and they cant find a stone but still say its renal colic.
Guess we are going through something the same, i have been put on colifac 3 a day and that has certainly helped the bowel recover from all the anti-biotics, but its still there all the time but now i can bear it.
I have surgeon in January to see about camera into renal area - so maybe they will do the same with bowel.
I have bowel cancer and diviculities in family so was a bit worried.
Anyway you just put your life into the hands of these doctores and when they dont know it dosent do much for your faith does it.
im now into week 24 with this pain and im just fed up to the back teeth as you must be.
If you want to pm then that s fine.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Ellen Tracey » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:30 pm

I have had trouble for 8 mths now with bowel, and get pain in my back passage :( I am also suffering with soreness in my right side and the muscles in my stomach are sore too. I have had doctors/ nurses prodding and poking, my doc said that even a camera would not show anything more than telling him my symtoms, he said that if there has been no bleeding then its very likely to be ibs, he gave me buscopan to ease matters.

Whenever i mention the soreness, they always examine me and seem happy that my stomach is soft, they always say its muscular and is connected to my fibro. Im finding it problematic wearing my jeans of late, does anyone else have this?

Best Wishes

Ellen x
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Just thought i would mention, i was on Diclofenac for my arthritis when all this stomach trouble started, I sometimes listen to Jeremy vine on Radio 2 and a couple of months ago he was talking diclofenac, and i was amazed to find it causes i.b.s. and also stomach ulsers! it was my partner who told me to stop taking them as he thought it might be them causing me to have the runs and stomach cramps, and i must say when i did i could feel a difference, I had taken 2 lots of anti-biotics leading up to this problem and i think this made the diclofenac react differently to my body??? now i am wondering because they said on the chat show it can take up to 6 mths for the effects of this drug to leave the body, if by some miracle in time i may be ok?? or weather its just always going to be this way??, i can no longer take anti inflammotries as they give me severe stomach pain and make me have the runs, the only medication i am currently taking is paracetamol as and when i really need it, im scared to take anything now.
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:53 pm

I am not convinced i have IBS - i think its something else, as i have had IBS before and it was nothing like this, and the colefac has helped a little, but the pain is still there, and when i go to bathroom its much worse.
Honestly this is doing my head in.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby groovy_chick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:09 pm

:hugs: hope you get it all sorted soon hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:26 pm

I took the diclofenic from the hospital and its eased it a wee bit, but i hated the feeling of it so i asked for Colifac but its helping but the pain is still here - its so frustrating!!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hack1971 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:28 pm

hi all
have you been checked for a bowel infection,my dr has given antibiotics and if they dont work then i have to go back.we have bowel cancer in my family but im not to concerned at the moment,the only problem i with it is feeling sick after food and sometimes i am
hugs nikki
hack1971
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi Nikki, no i haven't been checked for infection, how do they check for that? hope you feel better soon x
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:14 am

for bowel infections the gps i think usually ask for a faeces specimen. that then goes to the lab to be tested. i may be wrog with this but that is what happened to me. i had to send a speciamen of and luckily it came back clear.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Been up most of the night wtih sever right side pain again - it was really really sore and i had to take 4 trammies before it stopped hurting.
No point in trying to get dr out or go to hospital as we are snowed in again.
Well anyway its a bit easier now, been to loo, its still sore.
Thankfully i have only to get on with this till early january to see surgeon.
I had IBS before but this is so different, i can point to the source of pain, its always there, and going has not helped it one bit.
Strange cant possibly be the renal colic as this is def bowel stuff now.
What a mess.
However i have been under a lot of stress (re family crap) so it could be the bowel has IBs Who knows, dr says its not typical IBS - had a twisted bowel 20 years ago but its not like that either - so now they are considering Diviculitis?
Honestly what next

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems