Acid Reflux

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Acid Reflux

Postby pixiecat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi

I too have this from time to time and like a previous poster it is when my ibs is at its worst, I did take lansoprazole which helped but getting the ibs settled was the best cure for me, also I suffered with bloating and tried acidophilus in tablet form,(not from holland and barret best to shop around) this helped settle the bloated feeling and ibs.
Now I only get it when I get a bad bout of constipation.

Good luck on finding which works for you.

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:49 pm

I had virtually constant acid reflux when I was taking diclofenac, tried taking ranitidine but made no difference (kept calling ranitidine ritalin, just wish I could have a blast of hyperactivity now :D )I was swapped onto naproxen which has no made the reflux much better, I just get a bit a couple of time a week, compared to numerous times a day with everything I ate or drank :yikes: It is worse when IBS flares up, like the past few weeks, but hopefully now things are calming down.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:06 pm

I have bought some Rennie`s to try.They do them in fruit flav, but i got spearmint.
Thanks for all your replies.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby hack1971 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:14 am

i get all the time and have omeprazole but im sentive to asprin so i just drink plenty of water and cut out caffine and anything containing it is slowly helping
nikki
hack1971
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:25 pm

So far so good with the Rennies. :D
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby measles » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:07 pm

I take lansoprazole every morning to combat heartburn and it always works for the whole day, apart from the odd evening if I've eaten something spicey. If I forget to take it in the morning I have heartburn by about 10.30 :(
measles
UKFM Member

Postby nanatigtig » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:27 am

I take Gabapentin which means I cannot use antacids, however I find that Ginger tea works well and taste good too!
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby normalnutter » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi im on nexium in the morning and motilium in the evening ive tested many for the doc all also a natural slithers of fresh ginger, chew and chew and chew its interesting taste :wave:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby fairy dust » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:19 am

hi - i take ranitidine twice a day,and sometimes in the evening i take an extra 1,i also take anti sickness as the reflux can get so bad it makes me sick, somedays it works and others it doesnt, :grouphug:
please bear with me - my brain works fine its the body that lets me down !
fairy dust
UKFM Member

Postby normalnutter » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:45 am

I still spend some time with my head "over a bucket" my doc says that sounds great, I never get freedom from a burning that comes up this sometimes feels as if its going to sufficate me. Does anyone get chest pains with this, sometimes so bad you wonder is this a heart attack, the tabs im on keep most of this at bay :clap: :wave: and burping :oops:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

normalnutter wrote:I still spend some time with my head "over a bucket" my doc says that sounds great, I never get freedom from a burning that comes up this sometimes feels as if its going to sufficate me. Does anyone get chest pains with this, sometimes so bad you wonder is this a heart attack, the tabs im on keep most of this at bay :clap: :wave: and burping :oops:

Hi i get bad pains in my chest sometimes too.
I feel as if my throat is closing in and its hard to swallow.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby pinkfairygirl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:18 pm

I used to take Esomeprazole and Ranitidine together at the instruction of my gastro doc. I have been taking Domperidone for two years and was also taking metoclopramide but stopped that and changed it for Ondancetron. I'm now taking Lanzoprazole instead of the Esomeprazole and Ranitidine and I have found it works much better. So I suggest you try another drug maybe like Lanzoprazole and maybe also an antiemetic like domperidone which also helps with reflux but it's up to you doctor. If those don't work I'd advise you ask for an endoscopy in case you are suffering from a hiatus hernia which does cause heartburn but not many other symptoms. Also some tips to help hearthurn, stay away from caffine, chocolate, spicey food and anything high in acidity like orange juice.
Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!
pinkfairygirl
UKFM Member

Postby ladymanvers » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:32 pm

I HATE those frothy ones too...I gag and can't swallow the froth!
I have Omeprazole....Ranitidine (Zantac) when I wasn't on Omeprazole (you can't take them together I believe), or a quarter of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a little (2oz) cold milk helps before bed...
I get sick of propping up on pillows for the acid reflux and yet needing to lie down for the pain in my bloomin' neck and shoulders and upper back....talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!

Ju.xx :wave:
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby pinkfairygirl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:07 am

ladymanvers wrote:I HATE those frothy ones too...I gag and can't swallow the froth!
I have Omeprazole....Ranitidine (Zantac) when I wasn't on Omeprazole (you can't take them together I believe), or a quarter of a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a little (2oz) cold milk helps before bed...
I get sick of propping up on pillows for the acid reflux and yet needing to lie down for the pain in my bloomin' neck and shoulders and upper back....talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place!

Ju.xx :wave:

Yes you can take Omeprazole and Ranitidine together.
Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!
pinkfairygirl
UKFM Member

Postby normalnutter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:44 am

did anyone have epsom salts in the morning etc as a child because it was good for them, I was later in life moved onto castrocoat[spellings wrong] my mum has a hietas hernia, so she was my supplier, discused with doc he said it made sense :dunno: My son has had the tube, his 25 today :cake: about 4 years ago result tender linning of the stomach his on emeprozole, I got offered the tube couldnt see the point doc says wouldnt change my meds anyway I have what I have its not going to kill me. My daughter has also been on emeprozole she often feels all of the above. :wave:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems