restless leg syndrome

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

restless leg syndrome

Postby hack1971 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:10 am

hi all
i have just been diagnosed with restless leg syndrome and my dr has just prescirbed with yet another tablet to take.im so tired from it its driving me up the wall with now not being able to sleep properly and waking up so tired all the time
:needhug: nikki
hack1971
UKFM Member

Re: restless leg syndrome

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:11 pm

:wave:

Its a very commen FM assosiated condition i also have this :roll:

Hope the tablets help :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby andy12720 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:28 pm

yep my legs bounce round the bed all night dont half wind the wife up hehe :wave:
andy12720
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:21 pm

I get it as well.
Some days i dont know what to do with them, they really ache.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby deborah123 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:35 pm

hi there yeah i have it to.my doctor gave me tablets called quinton and i take 1 at bedtime..theyv helped a good bit with this. :hugs:
deborah123
UKFM Member

Postby measles » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:05 pm

I think I get that too. It's actually how I found this site - by googling buzzing legs. It's the thing I like least about FM and drives me insane.

I hope the tablets help.
measles
UKFM Member

Postby Harley » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:46 pm

I was diagnosed with RLS last year after doing a sleep study at the hospital, it can be really irritating especially when it's hard enough to get a good nights sleep. I sleep on my own anyway so it doesn't matter how much kicking I do but it's still annoying.

I have diazipam at night for my back which has also brought the RLS under control as a side effect which has been lucky so I hope your pills work. I did gets some medication from the sleep clinic, can't remember the name but they were actually an epilepsy treatment that's supposed to subdue the brain waves that cause the jerking but I started having black outs and had to stop taking them but I know a few people from the study who have got on really well with them.
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:53 am

A lot of good RLS meds can also be used for Fibro...pramipexole, ropinirole, clonazepam, etc. People with Fibro have RLS-type brain activity even if they don't actually have RLS.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby bookworm » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:17 am

This is something I have also. My gp prescribed me clonazepam a fortnight ago, took two that night and slept from 7.30pm all the way through until 10.30 am - it is the first time I had slept all night long in 20 years :shock: Boy was I stiff when I woke up!! At least I don't spend the night kicking the hubby now :lol:

(Went in to see doc regarding my diabeties meds - 2 shots and 3 tabs, came out 20 mins or so later needing to take 2 shots and 17 tabs, by the time she had finished going through all the different symptoms, I had a prescription list a mile long :yikes: :roll: She has warned me that it is likely that there will be more added when I have seen the rheumi - I hope not as other than my diabetic stuff, I haven't taken any tablets for anything in two and a half years.)
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby hack1971 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:54 pm

the tablets i have been given are called ropinirole i took with the ami and meloxicam and an hour before painkillers it made me ill so now im taking them an hour part.i must admit i slept well and my partner slept well.what else can happen with fybro
its bad enough i rsd hypoglycemia and rsl its a bagger but you know i have a smile on my face and im quite spirited person
hugs nikki x
hack1971
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:42 pm

yip always had that one
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby rosie66 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:12 pm

me to, i have RLS
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:14 pm

i suffer really bad with rls. i get it in the daytime as well. i get fed up with it.i have not got tablets for it. but the gp said i should be ok with the amitrip.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby hack1971 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:14 pm

hi all
well the tablet ive beeb given is called ropinrole and it a new drug for both rls and parkinsons,im finding some relief from it and also i have nerve tremours quite bad in my arms and hands and its controling them too,the ami is helpful fr some but not for all
hugs nikki
hack1971
UKFM Member

Postby Joanne C » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:03 pm

hey something ive found helps me with "dancing all night" when I dont want to .. tonic water. Works a treat. just a little bit helps, but help it does!!! Ive heard other people say that it helps them too.
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems