Is this a Fibromyalgia thing or something else?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Is this a Fibromyalgia thing or something else?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:38 pm

My then first husband and my own mother thought I was exaggerating thereafter when it took me so very long to feel reasonably 'normal' again. The pain of not being believed hurt much, much more than the pain of the actual problem.

I know exactly how much this can hurt. When things started rearing their ugly heads for me in February 2000, my own mother asked me if I was making it all up just to get some time off work. When I asked why she'd said it, her only response was that it was just a joke. Earlier this year I found a GP at our surgery who knows and understands FM and I came out of the appt feeling +ve for once. When I spoke to my mother and told her about it, all she could come out with was "What is it that's wrong with you?" Last week tho, after nearly 10 yrs, I think it finally dawned on her how it affects me. We called to drop something off for her and when she opened the door she looked so shocked at how bad I looked, moved and sounded :yikes: Maybe she'll realise now that it's not made up and in my head, even to I've been medically retired since 2001. Either that or I'm a damn fine actress that deserves all the oscars, emmys, tonys and baftas that have been awarded over the past few years :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Is this a Fibromyalgia thing or something else?

Postby ladymanvers » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Thanks for that; I found the links and read up; VERY interesting. Had a particularly bad night last night; neck atrocious. Is this why we all regard bed as a torture chamber as opposed the the sweet haven it should be? Do you find postural changes affect you; I've been convinced for some time that they do me? Decreased blood flow or transmitter prob? What's your take?
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems