eye problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

eye problems

Postby moirab » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:08 pm

I am new to this site, but i wondered if any of you have problems with your eyes?
I am not sure if it is due to the fm, but my eyes cause me problems at times.
moirab
UKFM Newbie

Re: eye problems

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:13 pm

:welcome:

Yes eye muscle can be effected...

I have a sensitivity to lights and my eyes can flicker especially going from light to dark and visa versa...

As a precaution see the optition
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi
My eyes are very sensitive too, i get lots of migraines.
Its best to get them looked at as not everything is fibro related.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Sensitivity and dry eyes sometimes. They get sore and itchy, not sure if it's the FM or the meds.

You don't say what problems you get? If it troubles you then go and see your gp or optician about it and see if they can help.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby joanypops » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:57 pm

Hi i have problems with my eyes. I quite often suffer blurred vision. I used to be an avid reader but now i can only read for so long before my eyes get blurred. Sometimes they just blurr anyway its one of the reasons im not confident to drive. Blimey this fibro is a b**ch :twisted:
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby cariad » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Yeh I have dry eyes due to fibro. i used to love wearing contacts but sadly this is impossible now. :cry:
cariad
UKFM Member

Postby moirab » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 pm

thanks for all your advice. I have been to the optician, and my muscles are weak, this is causing the bluring and double vision. Because of this I can only do close work (reading, computer,etc ) for a short while (about 20 mins ). I was wondering if it is just my eyes or if the fm is to blame.
moirab
UKFM Newbie

Postby Julie Dean » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:14 am

I get blurred vision if I am tired... which seems to be all the time. :yikes: My eyes get very dry too and I find artificial lights painful to.
Julie Dean
UKFM Member

Postby Julie Dean » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:17 am

Small eye exercise you can do is, look up to the ceiling as far as you can with out moving your head and hold then look down. This exercises the muscles. It can be painful but it works well.
I found this off something someone posted about eyes on here and I use this exercise a lot.
Julie Dean
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:50 am

yep me too i wear glasses and i find in the morning my eyes can be very sticky and crusty. to the point sometimes my eyelids stick together. yuck.... i also get a jumping nereve near my eye. and it sometimes looks like it foggy but ive had my eyes checked and everything was fine. so went to gp and they said it could be medications im on.

if yor still woried though id go to the opticians or gp.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby elizabeth » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 am

Hi I have myself had eye problems, blurred vision, intolerance of lights, have difficulty reading words blurr together or are blocky, eye pain behind the eye, migraines effecting one eye, but lately they have moved to right eye with pain behind it and unable to see computer, tv and everything blurry. Have you had any of these problems.
elizabeth
UKFM Member

Postby ladymanvers » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Yeh, dry eyes and more horridly, blurred, misty vision, much worse on some days. I am very shortsighted anyhow, then had the added pain of going long sighted too as I got older, then posterior vitreous detachment (the eye jelly tears - usually in old folk but with me cos I've been very short sighted since a child), but the blurriness is intermittent and, I think, down to Fibro :(

Ju.x
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby stargrrlclaire » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:33 pm

I hate the eye stuff! I get dry eyes, sensitivity to the light/dark, eye strain, black outs and migraines! I've got to go to the opticians soon and sort it really. :wave:
Reach for the moon, if you fail, you'll fall among the stars...
Lots of love,
Claire xxx
stargrrlclaire
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems