Diviculitis please pm me

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diviculitis please pm me

Postby princess » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:08 pm

If you have Diviculitis will you please pm me.

had Dr at 5.20 - my notes are back from hospital and they still say Renal Colic ? having passed a stone - and he thinks that bad pain 2 weeks ago was the last bit away.
Anywway got examined and the lower part of abdo is very sore still - so he is now ?? if its divic ,as thats running in the family along with bowel cancer, seemingly having divic means you are 90% that you will take bowel cancer - so he wants me checkied out at the bowel clinic - after i still go and see the surgical team on 6th Jan.
At least he is tryingl!!!!
I told him the bowel tablets made my mouth feel like sickness so asked for colifac so i will collect them on Thursday, its a village Dr and pharmacy so tablets take a wee while to come in.
So a bit sore after being prodded.
Told him i was still very tired, and exhausted and legs very sore - yes you have been quite ill a it will take you time, so rest and come back early january unless you need me before just phone and come up!!!!
wow what a turn around
fiona
x
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Diviculitis please pm me

Postby Julie Dean » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:24 am

My Mum has this too and Fibro. Mum has lost so much weight, she has been tested for everything but they have put it down to the diviticulitus.
Julie Dean
UKFM Member

Postby bookworm » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 am

Hi princess,

Sorry to hear the news regarding the dx. My mum was diagnosed with this condition in her early 40's, she lived until a fortnight before her 63rd birthday when she died of a coronary thrombosis. Never in all the time she had it did she show any signs of cancer developing anywhere in her body never mind the bowel. I hope this eases your mind a little. :)

Sounds like your GP is doing what he can, but don't be scared to push him to do more if you think more needs doing.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you from your friend bookworm
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Seemingly Divic can have no symptoms, so its difficult to diagnose.
But thanks folks for the replies, i have been checked for cancer in bowel and thankfully i am totally clear.
Just wish they would get me a proper diagnoses and take teh pain away this is now over 5 months.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby BAXTER BOY » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:43 am

Hi I have Divertiticulosis and have had for many years if you want to pm me feel free I will tell you my symptoms.I think it goes hand in hand with Fybro and the meds we take but may be wrong.Take care
Paul
BAXTER BOY
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Paul i have pmd you.
Hope to hear from you after the holidays
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems