be'ing sick

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

be'ing sick

Postby tracy ann » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:30 pm

hi it's been a long time since i last put a post on sorry :) but i was wondering if any one else suffers be'ing sick dailey or feeling sick all the time have been to the doctors and had a ultra sound done but that came back blank i have lost a stone in about 2 month's now :D or is it this blooming fms i do have a good week were i can eat like a horse which is very rare lol look forward to your reply's
tracy
tracy ann
UKFM Member

Re: be'ing sick

Postby gillshutt » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:10 pm

As farr as I'm aware FM doesn't cause sickness, that's not to say it's not an associated illness. Hope it eases for you soon :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Julie Dean » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:19 am

I feel nauseous all the time, thought it was my fibro too or the meds.
Julie Dean
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:59 am

hi i also get this sometimes but it is mostly due to meds. you can propbably get tablets from your gp.... obviously you would need to see your gp as they would know what other meds you are taking....below is a list of some of the tablets i have heard off for antisickness..
Metoclopromide also known as maxolon
Domperidone also known as Motilium
Prochlorperazine also known as Stemetil.

As far as i know these are prescription only. you may also find by seeing you r gp that they may probably reduce some of you rmeds that can cause sickness to see if it is that. and then if they find out what is causing it they may be able to replace that particular medicine from another out of the same group of meds.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby tracy ann » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:37 pm

hi thank you for your reply's i have try'ed all the meds for sickness they work for a while then stop working i have also drop my meds one at a time for a couple of weeks but that dont seen to work either thank's
tracy
tracy ann
UKFM Member

Postby DerekJ » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi,
I feel sick all the time and it has nothing to do with medication as I don't take any. It is well and truly a problem associated with my illness. Breakfast can be somewhat difficult but generally it gets easier to eat as the day progresses.
Derek.
Last edited by DerekJ on Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DerekJ
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum.

I often feel sick, mine is mainly due to the meds.
Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Nausea can be an issue with IBS and GERDs and some vitamin deficiencies (which can present as being similar to Fibro) can cause nausea & vomiting.

Be aware that many of the more effective anti-sickness drugs (metoclopramide & domperidone for example) act by blocking dopamine. Unfortunately, dopamine levels are low in Fibro anyway so taking these meds without taking a med to boost dopamine (e.g. if you're taking Pramipexole for your Fibro) could make your Fibro worse.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi

I would go back to your GP and lay it on the line, how sick you feel, whether its sickness or nausea - maybe he can give you a connection to your meds here.
If not then i would ask him to send you to Rhum Clinic and speak to them.
Not a fine feeling eh

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby tracy ann » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:38 pm

hi thank you all for the reply's my doctor is try'ing to sort this out she as already sent me for a ultra sound that came back fine .i have try'ed 4 or 5 differrent meds that seem to work for about a week then stop working i have to go back to her soon so she can check on how i am then i think she is go'ing to send me for another scan but i think she is putting it down to fm will keep you all updated
tracy
tracy ann
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems