cfs/me ???

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cfs/me ???

Postby loubie » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:33 pm

hi all :wave: :wave:

i know a lot of you on here have cfs/me, and hope you can help as i just feel so very very tired all the time, even though i do sleep through the night most nights now with the help of the Amie's
i am off work this week but just have no go in me and exhausted all the time
having real bad heads as well that might be sinuses feel like i have been punched in the face :shock:
have got AP with GP today fingers crossed he can help
i just wondered if this is just my fibro or could it be cfs/me ??
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Re: cfs/me ???

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Its hard as FM brings on fatigue & exhaustion...

I would suggest writing down a diary of symptoms and then see a Rhuemi who is better in diagnosing CFS

All i can say is CFS is like a total body breakdown... your bed bound with fatigue, you cant speak and words are slurred & you have no concentration....

These are the symptoms i have of CFS when i flare... any other fatigue i put down to FM
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi

the doc says I have CFS. I am fatigued and tired all the time even on days I sleep. However the worst for me is my legs are so week but feel l
heavy like stone. I'm having a major flare with it at moment and am struggling to get off settee. When I'm on my feet I feel as though they could give way at any time.

Been to docs and been told again nothing they can do but exercise. I did manage 2 mins and it does make them feel stronger and I know this is going to take forever to get over this flare up.

I am going to pain clinic on 30th so hoping they can help.

I hate this condition :(
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:56 pm

hi
thanks for your replies
i think it is my fibro monster as i can get up and walk about although its hard work :(
my body feels heavy
went to see GP and he says my bad heads are migraines and the rest is my condition and upped the Amie's :roll:
in other words take another pill youll be fine!! :roll:
don't you just love this illness its fab..............NOT!!! :lol:
thanks again girls
loubie x :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 pm

I have had ME and Fibro for 15 + years now.
ME is more the tiredness with the heavy arms and legs
Fibro is more of the cramps and pain.
But when they are both going its hard, tell me i know
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:18 am

Chronic fatigue can be a symptom of Fibro, especially as poor quality sleep is a symptom of Fibro - you may be sleeping all night but it could well be poor quality sleep.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby pixiegriff » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi,I was diagnosed with ME through my GP,as he says that theyre linked.Hes been great in that respect and found a cfs clinic to send me to.I start sessions with them in January.Apparently its all about pacing yourself which Ive never been able to get the hang of and yes,doing extra one day gives your fibro hell for several days after.

xxxx
Im here,Im alive,Im nuts,and I can laugh at anything thrown at me.
pixiegriff
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:12 pm

To be honest here when you have had it as long as me you sort of get them intertwined, its so easy as the pain and the fatigue are just there all the time.
Just do what you can do and leave the rest till manyana!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems