Blackouts

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Blackouts

Postby Ems » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi

does anybody else get blackouts ? When I come round I am paralysed the longest time being 2 hrs. I had the first one in October last year and had about 5 episodes in total so far. I have been to see a neurologist who thinks it could be aura migraine. But I'm not totally convinced as I can almost feel my body go into shut down. And when I'm awake and can't move it feels like my limbs have lead weights on them.

Thanks
Emma
:hugs:

Yes please i'll have diet coke with mine ;)
Ems
UKFM Member

Re: Blackouts

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:53 am

I get 'shut downs for a few hours but don't black out. It doesn't sound like FM, don't know if it is migraine or not :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Have they done a Holter Monitor on you? Fibro is associated with Dysfunction of the Autonomic Nervous System, which controls blood pressure and pulse among many other things.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Ems » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Well I say blackouts cos I don't know how else to dircribe it. I don't collapse on the floor or anything I can just feel my body go to sleep. Is that what happens to you ?
Emma
:hugs:

Yes please i'll have diet coke with mine ;)
Ems
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems