periods- sorry gents

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

periods- sorry gents

Postby fairy dust » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:34 am

does anyone else have the side effect of severe periods, not only heavy but extremly painfull, recently mine have got so bad,the pain in my lower back makes me want to cry,
just wondered if anyone else has the same problem :oops:
please bear with me - my brain works fine its the body that lets me down !
fairy dust
UKFM Member

Re: periods- sorry gents

Postby pinksandblues » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:40 am

Hi yes my periods have got heavier and more painful and my fibro symptoms are always worse before a period .. lovely isnt it :!: wendy :hugs:
pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi
I have had a hysterectomy but still get bad pains and really sore boobs. :evil:
I used to have very heavy periods.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Fog woman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:25 pm

I've always suffered with bad period pains enough to make me physically sick. My younger sister passed out in a shopping mall with the pain. It seems to be quite common with fibro maybe due to our pain levels being all over the place :!: When I was on the pill it gave me great relief. :wave:
Fog woman
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:01 am

yes yes and yes.... only recently i had a period and got constipated because of the codiene i take.... had a funeral as wwell so hadnt taken any movicol. so ended up in bed for three days racked in agony as the bowel is puhing against one of my nerves and tehrfore causes pain severe in my back hip and thigh. to the point we nearly had to call teh gp out.... mum rang nhs direct and they told me what to do.... i didnt want the gp so in the end i tried to make out the pain wasnt as bad, as im sure i would of ended up in hospital.... i go to the gp this week so im gonna mention it again.

i try to hav ea hot water bottle handy, drink plenty of water and also take my meds....also try lying down on your right hand side as this helps your body line lay better.

if you are constipated and have to take medicine for it etc try and lie on your left side as this enables the bowel to lay right and not knotted up and aids in your body being able to go naturally to th eloo. trust me this does work....
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby fairy dust » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:14 am

thank you all, :grouphug:
please bear with me - my brain works fine its the body that lets me down !
fairy dust
UKFM Member

Postby Miss sleepy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 am

Hope your a bit better soon Fairydust. I had a mirena fitted due to awful heavy periods. Not had more than a light spot every few months now since it went in
Never judge a day by the weather.
The best things in life aren't things.
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses.
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing.
No rain - no rainbows.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:35 am

You really should go and see your gp about heavy periods.. don't presume it's FM as it could be a lot of things. No point suffering if they can do something about it and you should get checked for anaemia as well if you are losing a lot of blood. :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:53 pm

ive been and had myself checked for anaemia and thtat was ok.. however im frightened to have tablets for heavy peiod as i still wantto be a mum. and i have problems with some tablets. so dont want to have the problems of side efects etc. so dont know what to do in that one.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby lauramath » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:21 pm

In my teens and early twenties I would go to the emergency room in such bad pain, my husband would have to carry me to the car. I was diagnosed with blocked tubes, had IVF when I was 30, and after pregnancy I have never had the excruciating cramping again....go figure...so obviously it wasn't a pain tolerance thing for me...
lauramath
UKFM Member

Postby pinkfairygirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 pm

I'd suggest taking The Pill, you can take The Pill for upto six months at a time with no breaks and have no periods in that time, it's great.

I don't have to use The Pill anymore because I don't get periods due to my prolactin levels being high from using Domperidone.
Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!
pinkfairygirl
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:18 pm

when not on the pill my periods were a problem - in fact they had more to do with me going on the pill that contraception as at the time i was still married and he had been steralised. however last year i had to stop the pill when i broke my leg and yes i started having problems again however i also rediscovered my sex drive lol which it seemed the pill had suppressed. i therefore decided to try the mirena coil and whilst it was uncomfortable being fitted - period pains again after a couple of days spotting i havent had anything - no bleeding no pain. (oh yes and still interested in sex lol)

i think there are options that can help deal with periods and still allow children so i would talk to your GP.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby SamJL » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi
It may well be a fibroid, these can cause the symtoms you are talking about particularly if you haven't always had heavy periods. They are very common, I've got quite a big one but my symtoms have improved since I had an IUS fitted a couple of years ago. A visit to your GP would be a good idea to get it checked out. Some women don't need any treatment and they shrink as you get past the menopause but for others it causes big problems and there are several things they can do. Men don't know how lucky they are :wink:
Sam
SamJL
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:06 pm

velvet wrote: i therefore decided to try the mirena coil and whilst it was uncomfortable being fitted - period pains again after a couple of days spotting i havent had anything - no bleeding no pain. (oh yes and still interested in sex lol)

I've got one of these things fitted (am actually on my 2nd) I had it fitted because of heavy periods. I was very irregular and flooded for over a week at a time as well as a lot of stomach cramps and sore boobs, plus I was constantly throwing up so the pill was no use. Wouldn't want to use anything else now, no blobbing, no worries if I throw up, plus very little soreness and PMT.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro 78 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:09 pm

I suffer with heavy period's but always have but i do notice that my fibro gets worse .
I went to the dr's about my periods but he gave some tablets that was meant to slow them down and stop the clotting so much but instead they made my periods 10 times worse , while i was on them i only had to walk a little way and i would bleed badly so i went bk to the dr's took them off me and said instead try to rest and keep your legs higher then your head ,lol .

Lots of warms hugs to you all

Jo
i am a 32 yr old women who is engaged to a wonderful man and i have 4 beautiful children 3 girls and 1 boy.
fibro 78
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems