periods- sorry gents

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: periods- sorry gents

Postby nutty1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:52 pm

i used to suffer real bad in end had one continuous period was so anemic had to have emergency hysterical rectomy
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby BlueBell1967 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:23 am

Yes I can sympathize.
My periods have always had me in bed oddly on the second day of bleeding. The last period was really bad, I was sat on the loo not knowing if I wanted to vomit, urinate, defecate or pass out.
My husband was in bed (it was around 6am) I knew if I called him he would have called the ambulance. :yikes:
I was soo weak with the pain I pulled the towel off the rail and lay there for about an 40 mins. I will spare you what I had to cleaning up.
I managed to get back to bed and stay there for the rest of the day.

A few days later I also had a bad allergic reaction ( I carry an epi pen because we don’t know what it is I’m allergic to!!) luckily I took the antihistamines in time.
But its left me with three more spider nevi on my face!

Hey ho
Keep on trucking girls.
Love an peace
BlueBell
BlueBell1967
UKFM Member

Postby skatty » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:46 pm

hi , i also suffer heavy and very painful periods. the doc gave me some tablets but they didn't work so i have to just deal with it the best i can. i never used to be bothered at all with heavy painful periods so my doc said that it is linked to my FM. :banghead:

ps they also last longer!!!
skatty
UKFM Newbie

Postby hazelairedale » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi, remember there is a llink between endometriosis and fibro, I have a consultation with the gynaecologis in aug to check for this.

Hazel
hazelairedale
UKFM Member

Postby Tinam » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:55 pm

I had mirena fitted a few months ago and have had only light spotting since. some pain with it but not much. it took a long time for me to get the mirena fitted. :D
Tinam
UKFM Newbie

Postby piglet_mini » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Mirena coil fitted here due to heavy periods - in 20 months only had very light spotting twice :clap: :D :D :D - Only things my drs got right so far LOL
The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveller than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination.
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi

I had mirena coil fitted. Periods were pretty none existance yippee.

But after a month having it fitted I started with really bad breast pain. After 9 months I had it removed because the pain wasn't settling down. Shame really.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby Elsbeth » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:55 am

I too have a merina fitted and I love it, although after 8 weeks I am still bleeding slightly. This didn't happen first time I had one.

My periods weren't too bad but i got sterilised after having my last baby and the docs all said that this is why mine went mental on me.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby debbs » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:52 pm

hi i'm new to the forum just looking through and yes i too have very bad periods even to the point i cant go to the toilet as it hurts so much i saw a different lady doctor and she gave me mefenamic acid 250mg tablets to take 1 three times a day when you start your monthly they are brilliant i have had 2 monthlys i can cope with :P and best of all no flooding
debbs
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:10 am

omg, reading around this site i had no idea that all of the little irritants during that time of the month were attributable to fms

i had noticed the fact that it lasts longer and is different, but i thought that was just me adjusting to my sterilisation

i get wicked sciatica on the first day and for the first time ever my last one had me in bed with a hot water bottle

i've never felt so ill as i did last time

i'm so grateful for this site, it's putting so many of my little niggles to rest which is helping me to cope in a much more effective way

sending a little treat to you all [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :wine: :wine: :wine: along with
big purple hugs
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby debbs » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:20 pm

i know i only found this forum yesterday and can relate to so much it really makes you feel better when you start to think 'its not in my head' and other people have the same daily struggles you don't feel so alone x x
:flowers: :flowers: [chocolate] [chocolate] :wine: :wine:

flowers chocolate a glass of wine to you all
debbs
UKFM Member

Postby libby63 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 am

LOL! Jesus reading through these replies makes me feel more normal now. I had a TCRE in 2004 this co-insided with my slipped disc.. I thought wonderful the end of heavy periods and cramps. How wrong was I although the heavyness of the periods stopped almost immediately the cramps and boob soreness got worse. I am at that age now where the menopause is fast creeping up on me and although I have several tests as I have the symptoms but apparently not the loss of hormones.. I can only put my hot sweats acheing boobs down to fibro. I have had several cysts in my boobs dispersed over the last year and have just over the weekend found another think I will leave this one as I cant bear the thought of having more needles poked in me... :goodluck2: :fingerscrossed: that we all have Happy Periods as the advert says .. I mean it can only be a man that dreampt that advert up cant it.

Liz
libby63
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems