temperature control ...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

temperature control ...

Postby Joanne C » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:27 am

heya

does anyone else have a problem with their body temperature? Over the last few weeks Ive noticed that Im either way too cold, or then two minutes later im too hot. is this a part of fibro, or am i going through the menopause ...?? :yikes:
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Re: temperature control ...

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:35 am

I get this but I am going through the menopause as well. I've had temp problems for years though so think it could be FM.

I even get hypothermia temporarily :shock: My body decides that a cold breeze is in fact -10 or something stupid and closes down all my surface blood vessels. It can take about an hour to get back to normal with the aid of blankets wheatbags and hot water bottles... then I'm sweating buckets because it realises it isn't -10 at all :roll:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:41 am

Im always ffffffrreeeeeezing brrrrr.... but rhuemi said i had that Raynauds disease....
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby ladymanvers » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:45 am

I get that Gill! I get so 'core' cold I fail to function or think properly and it takes hours for me to warm up and then when I do I'm burning up!
I've tried to explain this hypothermic cold to my family and they just do not understand; think I'm just whinging about being a bit chilly!

Ju.xx
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby fairy dust » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:01 pm

same here :roll: im either freezing cold or boiling hot, hubby thinks im nuts and losing the plot- 1 min heatings off,windows open the next heating up full wack and im wrapped up like a mummy ,
:grouphug:
please bear with me - my brain works fine its the body that lets me down !
fairy dust
UKFM Member

Postby Ems » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 pm

hi ya

i thought i was going through early menopause quite often sweating when its cold, i also find that when picking things out the freezer can send my skin burning and swelling, this has become a big problem for me lately as soon as the temperature drops my whole body can react i am sitting here with burning cheeks as we speak, as i've walked to the school. my gp said its because the nervous system is very sensitive due to the fm and body temprature will be hard to regulate.

My biggest problem at the moment is my husband is treating me for my 40th :yikes: to a week away to a converted monastery on loch ness next week, i have been so looking forward to as i want to take the kids to see proper snow (please tell me there is proper snow still up in the highlands)

has anybody got any suggestions on what i can use on my face to help prevent the worse of it, i have been and brought snow suits and hats and scarfs ect but still the face will get cold.
Emma
:hugs:

Yes please i'll have diet coke with mine ;)
Ems
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:43 pm

i did read in a book once that applying lipsalve over the whole exposed skin area can help because it stops the cold drying the skin. other than that a balaclava? :yikes:
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Ems » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:05 pm

velvet wrote:i did read in a book once that applying lipsalve over the whole exposed skin area can help because it stops the cold drying the skin. other than that a balaclava? :yikes:

funnily enough i did look at a balaclava but thought i'm goona look a plank as it is lol i suppose i could hide in it lol :lol:
Emma
:hugs:

Yes please i'll have diet coke with mine ;)
Ems
UKFM Member

Postby Kareen » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:57 am

My temp seems to be back to front. When everyone else is feeling the cold I am sitting there in my t-shirt feeling all hot and flustered and vice versa when they are all hot I am sitting wrapped in a blanket with my heating on. Hubby always going on about it. Have had my hormones checked out and they are all ok so think it must be fibro, although I could of course still be starting the menopause since I had to have a hysterectomy 9 years ago after a severe prolapse, which I have just discovered through reading info sent by hospital could have been caused by the hypermobility.
Kareen
UKFM Newbie

Postby pinkfairygirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 pm

I have been getting very hot and sometimes hot and cold at once and as I'm 24 I am sure it's not homones although my prolactin levels are high because of taking Domperidone. I have only been have this problem with temperature for a few weeks and I was wondering if it could be a side affect of Amitriptyline??
Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!
pinkfairygirl
UKFM Member

Postby normalnutter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:54 am

No its not a side effect from meds I get cold that feels its inthe centre of my bones this also produces more pain keep the heating on wrap up warm in the cold this in itself will make someone feel ill
pinkfairygirl wrote:I have been getting very hot and sometimes hot and cold at once and as I'm 24 I am sure it's not homones although my prolactin levels are high because of taking Domperidone. I have only been have this problem with temperature for a few weeks and I was wondering if it could be a side affect of Amitriptyline??
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems