does anyone have broken and crumbling toe nails

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

does anyone have broken and crumbling toe nails

Postby elizabeth » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi
Was wondering if anyone has broken and crumbling toe nails, my big toe has a split down the nail and my other toe nails are crumbling for some reason.
elizabeth
UKFM Member

Re: does anyone have broken and crumbling toe nails

Postby velvet » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:17 pm

could be a fungal infection
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby normalnutter » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi my mums has the crumbling toe nail thing and its moved into her fingernails, its a fungus, you need to get to a dermotologist. :yikes:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi
I had the same thing in a couple toes inc big toe, went to see the Gp, and I had to collect some nail clippings from the effected toes, they were sent away and came back with the type of fungas, and i was on oral antifungles for quite a while. the over the counter stuff isn't strong enough to combat the crummbly toes.

so you really do need to go see your gp and maybe go with some clippings with you just incase he suggests it. Saves you from going back and forth to the Gp's which isn't always easy for us
fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Sophiex » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:37 pm

For about 10 years, doctors have been telling me I have fungal infections. However, nothing would clear them. My rheumy says it's psoriasis and I'm going to see a dermatologist. Is that an option for you? Ask your GP maybe.
Sophiex
UKFM Member

Postby elizabeth » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Hi
Thanks for your advice will see gp and take along some nail clippings, will see waht he says thanks for everyones advice :hugs:
elizabeth
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems