blood result

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

blood result

Postby Ellen Tracey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 am

transfered this from the "Nails discussion, just wondered if any other people had experienced simalar?? x

Hi all,

well just to let you know i had a call from my gp surgery this evening, i missed the call and rang back in panic because it was regarding blood results that i had done last wednesday.

I spoke to the receptionist who told me my gp that called for the bloods to be done wanted me to make an appointment, i was really worried , i felt the colour run out of me and my heart was banging, i told the receptionist of my concern and she said my doc is off for a couple of days and if there was anything that urgent they would have me in straight away

Anyway she had a look at my results and told me that my full bloods were satisfactory and that it looked like she wanted to sort out a perscription for folic acid??

She told me not to worry and to see doc on wednesday

I just looked up folic acid and i think its a "b" vitamin and looking at the list of problems a deficiency can cause it all sort of makes sense, im sure someone told me they had "b" vitamin injections???

I hope you are all coping okay, im suffering at the moment, more so because i get myself in such a state over what might be wrong

Pathetic some would say, but to feel such pain all through your body is enough to send your mind wild with worry i guess,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Re: blood result

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Im sure if it was a vitamin B deficiancy to a large extent then the injections would be needed....

Maybe only needing tablets is a better sign :dunno:

You can always call back the surgery for a more in depth answer :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Ellen Tracey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:37 pm

thanks Lisa,
I will be seeing doctor tomorrow morning x
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 pm

hi,went to see the gp today and was given folic acid as my level was slightly low, she wants to check bloods again in 4 months. I asked about vitamin b12 because i had read a lot about it, and hoe it can help with fibro pain ,she said that b12 could send my bloods out (hb) so now im on with a 1 a day folic acid tablet :)
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby normalnutter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:47 pm

:wave: my bloods are smake bang on very nearly perfect witha collesteral level of 3.5 better than some athletes I was told,what ever im eating double it, very difficult when youve got your head in a bucket :wave: :blowkiss:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems