[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Migraines

Migraines

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Migraines

Postby Hay1ie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Hi all :wave:

I just wondered if any of you have started suffering Migraines since having FM or had more of them? :?
I had never had one until last year and at one point I was having 3-4 a week....I had the injections in the nerves in my neck tho and they seemed to stop, however today I have had another one and am just hoping they aren't going to be a regular occurance again :cry:

Hayls :hugs:
Just because I am in pain doesn't mean I am one! LOL
Hay1ie
UKFM Member

Re: Migraines

Postby normalnutter » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:58 am

HI, YES i think the headache is the biggest prob I have mine seems to come from the back of my kneck go over the top into my eyes sunglasses help, keep the pucker up 8)
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:49 pm

I've had more, because of myofascial tension in my neck/shoulders - sounds like you might have the same issue. Luckily, myofascial release sorted that out for me.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:31 pm

I have been having so many migraines, my GP has tried lots of different meds but none worked.
Mine were lasting 4/5/6 days at a time and i was sick also.

My GP sent me to see the neuro team at the hospital, he gave my GP a few different meds to try out, Gabapentin has held them at bay for almost 4 weeks now, this is the longest time i have been without a migraine. :woot:
I have had the odd one but can live with that.

Ask your GP to refer you to see the neuro team if you cant get them under control.

Good luck. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby normalnutter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:12 pm

:wave: I use 2 para cetamol if I FEEL IT CREEPING IN 1 hour later if required I take 2 ibuprofen and if really have to a codeine with the paracetamol, dont forget you get a kick back headache if you take paracetamol every 4 hrs 3 consecertive times :yikes:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle Frazzle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Hiya,

My recurrent headaches were the main reason I sought help for my FM. I used to have on average a headache 5 days a week, usually lasting from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. They also made me very very tired and often I'd fall asleep in meetings if I had one. A few weeks ago I cut out sugar, caffeine, and alcohol (alcohol is one of my main pain triggers) and I haven't had a headache now in two weeks! I haven't had a two week headache free period since before I got FM 4 years ago so it's definitely worth a try! x
Sazzle Frazzle
UKFM Newbie

Postby AngelBear » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:07 pm

When I next see my GP at end of month, I am going to ask about Gabapentin, nothing has helped yet, apart from ice packs when I have a migraine. Thanks
A smile lifts both you and others
Christine
AngelBear
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems