IBS

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: IBS

Postby princess » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:27 pm

No i have never tried that as i have worse pain when i actually go - in this part of the bowel it really hurts.
Anyway i got my med for tomrrow and then its hospital tuesday morning - will let you know how i get on
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Lunar » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:29 pm

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Princess, hope you get answers...and all good :)
Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open:)
Lunar
UKFM Member

Postby AngelBear » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 pm

My GP started me on an exclusion diet until we found what was the problem. I am wheat and dairy intolerant, as long as I am good and avoid the naughties I get by fine.
A smile lifts both you and others
Christine
AngelBear
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Well they got me into theatre and then said they didnt have any pain control for me as im allergic to morphine pethadine and codiene so they went ahead with only the sedation - and on my back as i have sciatica in both legs.
I woke up in ward thinking oh i shouted that was sore!!!!
Dr cme and said i had gone into distress twice so they gave up as i was distressed with the pain and he didnt want to continue so am home two sore sides and no answer.
Still havent got to the toilet since last monday!!!!!
Have put a letter away to my GP as i am annoyed frustrated and just really angry - it was nightmare from start to finish and i think not handled properly.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Brimstone » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:21 am

Has anybody tried activated charcoal tablets for this? They are supposed to work by absorbing any toxins in the digestive system, as activated charcoal has a massive surface area against volume. They are sold in pharmaceutical grade tablets and are totally inert so no drug side effects. I’ve seen it recommended for IBS but could just be sales hype. Might be worth a try though.
brimstone

Boxes make good containers for cereals but not for thinking.
Brimstone
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems