Does anyone with fibromyalgia have painful urination?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone with fibromyalgia have painful urination?

Postby gothchick » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:48 am

I have been having painful urination for nearly a year now. I notice that after painful urination the burning pain can continue for hours later. I have been to many doctors about this and they can't find out what's wrong. I think it could be an over lapping condition of fibromyalgia. Does anyone else have painful urination?
gothchick
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone with fibromyalgia have painful urination?

Postby gillshutt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:59 am

There's a condition called intestitial cystitis which is where the bladder is swollen/irritated but there is no bacterial infection. have a look here: http://www.medicinenet.com/interstitial ... rticle.htm
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 am

Ooo cheers chimp i'll browse at that later as i often feel very sore inside specially after urinating....but no signs of thrush or infections :dunno:

I also find it v sore/burning after sex to
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby HazelB » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:24 am

must go read/bookmark that link ... i also get this frequently, tho i do suffer from thrush sometime ... but even when there are no other symptoms i get the burning sensation.

again i also get a lot of pain/burning sensation after sex and can be really sore inside for days afterwards.

xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby lesley 80 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:39 pm

i get this as well. and sometimes it so sore that it stops me having sex in the first place. I never thought it could be with fibro. I also get the pain when peeing but that normally only happens after sex although it sometimes happens when i haven't had sex. i will def have a look at the link.

Thtanks guys. :hugs: :)
lesley 80
UKFM Member

Postby ladymanvers » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:23 pm

i get this; have done for years; didn't realise it was linked to fibro until my rheumy told me when i was diagnosed! should've known, i used to work at hospital in urology dept! Trouble is, i'd never ask as would've been embarrassing as gp would've referred me to be examined by my colleagues!!! :oops: (cystoscopy - camera into bladder).... :oops:

Ju.xxxxx :wave:
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:49 am

Yes, all the time and I find it difficult to urinate as well, how much is fibro and how much is EDS I don't know.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:23 am

My bladder seems to get full very quickly, i cant hold on to it for long either.
I get pain here and there, my main problem is trying to hang on to it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby normalnutter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:05 pm

yes all of the above, was told to order my wheelchair and collect inconternance pads on way out on day of diagnosis, having a wonderful relationship with the toilet :wave:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:53 am

Oh, d'oh.

Ok, apparently, a common thing amongst women with Fibro is vulval vestibulitis/vulvodynia, that can cause painful sex etc. I don't suffer like I used to, having children seemed to help a lot, however, I do suffer from a lot of bladder pain and pain when weeing and sometimes, it takes forever for me to wee because for some reason, it won't come out lol.

So, painful sex might be down to the vulval pain.

The other thing I get is too many oxalate crystals in my urine which apart from putting me at increased risk for stones can also irritate my bladder etc causing pain, but that doesn't explain all the difficulties I have when weeing. I think maybe I have irritable bladder as well as irritable bowels.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 pm

I would check your tablet info Katie... I'm on gabapentin and one of th eside effects is urinary hesitation.. I can be busting to go but have to sit there and wait for it to make it's mind up :?
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby normalnutter » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:35 pm

tireesix wrote:Oh, d'oh.

Ok, apparently, a common thing amongst women with Fibro is vulval vestibulitis/vulvodynia, that can cause painful sex etc. I don't suffer like I used to, having children seemed to help a lot, however, I do suffer from a lot of bladder pain and pain when weeing and sometimes, it takes forever for me to wee because for some reason, it won't come out lol.

So, painful sex might be down to the vulval pain.

The other thing I get is too many oxalate crystals in my urine which apart from putting me at increased risk for stones can also irritate my bladder etc causing pain, but that doesn't explain all the difficulties I have when weeing. I think maybe I have irritable bladder as well as irritable bowels.

:wave: Hi yes I was told that is is irratable bladder at my dignosis but you should inform the doctor the docter because of a water infection mine is constant?
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby brujah81 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:48 pm

I have pain sometimes when going urinating.. other times i cant go at all i have seen a urologist and had tests and they couldnt work out exactly why they did give it a name.. i cant remember it now but i know it basically meant.. unknown bladder problem and now i have to self catheterize when i cant go which is really frustrating.. just another fibromyalgia problem *sigh*

Hugs Kelly
Living life to the full, you never know what tomorrow brings
brujah81
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:45 am

My duloxetine is also used for incontinence but this has been going on longer than my newer meds, the newer meds simply aren't helping but considering how sensitive I am to most meds, apparently I have to weigh up the pros and cons and consider if I am prepared to live with it.

I am so tired today, house is a tip and someone, somewhere please clean my house for me!!!!! (I will consider getting a cleaner if I get my DLA back, how expensive are they anyway?).
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby lauramath » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:24 pm

I get this from time to time. I always thought it was Urinary tract infections, but it isn't always (I get tested and it comes back fine).

In the U.S., they have a wonderful product called Azo-standard. It turns your pee bright orange, but it completely removes the pain, buring and urgency. I find if I take those for a few days the irritation goes away. It isn't meant as a treatment, but it seems to work for me.

I buy several boxes a year when I visit the states :)
lauramath
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems