Nausea

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nausea

Postby kerrie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:32 am

Do any of you experience nausea with your FM? I dont particuarly have much pain at the moment but am feeling nausea everyday for the last week, last week me and my daughter did get a sickness bug so perhaps its just that carrying over but I have had it before and wondered if it was a symptom of FM?
kerrie
UKFM Member

Re: Nausea

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:36 am

Hi
Are you on new meds?, some meds can cause nausea as a side effect. :dunno:
I only get nausea with new meds and migraines.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kerrie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:44 am

I did start Gabapentin a couple of weeks ago along with cant remember how to spell it canzepam (?) (the sedation tablet) but i have had this feeling before.
kerrie
UKFM Member

Postby normalnutter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 am

:wave: goes with the gastric reflux, found my daughter on the bathroom floor this morning with it as well :grouphug:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby GeminiGirl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi Kerrie

from time to time i feel sick for no reason at all. some times random smells can set me off like a piece of lamb roasting!
GeminiGirl
UKFM Member

Postby normalnutter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:26 pm

GeminiGirl wrote:Hi Kerrie

from time to time i feel sick for no reason at all. some times random smells can set me off like a piece of lamb roasting!

:wave: got the tshirt daughters the same :blowkiss:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby swampiesue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:50 pm

I get the usual nausea from, smells,one of the worst is sitting on an old bus... the smell from fumes inside the bus make me want to get off.

However I have also been suffering from a problem with my stomach at the moment,where I feel both hungry and sick all the time.. It is a constant gnawing feeling and if I don't eat I throw up. The doctor has prescribed me some tablets but am still waiting for them to start working. Has anyone else experienced this with Fibro.
swampiesue
UKFM Member

Postby pinkfairygirl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 am

Well I have had sickness and vomiting for two years and they say it's because of my CFS so I guess FM can cause it also. I take Domperidone and Ondancetron. I found my sickness is so bad that one antiemetic doesn't work alone.

I suggest you buy some domperidone sold under the name Motillium 10. If it works go to your doctor and ask for it on perscription because it's expersive to buy, I mean you only get 10 pills in a pack and each pack costs around £5, you have to take it three times a day so it's not worth keep buying it over the counter.
Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!
pinkfairygirl
UKFM Member

Postby deborah123 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:35 am

hi.iv had nausea and vomiting for 4 years now and in the process iv lost around 3half to 4 stone,which in itself was good.but on other hand wasnt a good way to lose the weigh,as i also lost my front tooth to throwing up so much and had to get a screw in tooth,iv had so many tests etc and they did find i had a hernia just above stomach i think and apart from that theyve put it down to fibro??...it sometimes isnt to bad and ill keep some food down most of week.then theres other times like past few weeks that has been bad and iv not kept much down and iv ended up losing nearly another stone..im not size 8 and i see my family worring as they see the weight drop of me..but theres nothing i can do about it as doctors have ried me on lots different anti sick tablets and they never work..only thing thats ever worked to stop me being sick is the anti sick injection in ur bum that iv had in hospital when times iv been kept in.but unfortunaty cant take em home with me.lol...anyway i hope u get it checked out and get some help with it.could maybe be side effects from ur tablets?...ask ur doctor to get it checked out... :grouphug: ....wow just looked at screen there and this looks more like a novel..lol...sorry...all the best...deborah
deborah123
UKFM Member

Postby swampiesue » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi there, GP has put me on MEPRADEC, but they take a few days to work and you can only take them short term.. I am just constantly hungry. I am trying to lose weight to get me back to my goal weight at weight watchers but this constant hunger is driving me crazy. Its if I don't eat I want to be sick, I am on anticonvulsant medication due to my epilepsy, I have not had my fibro confirmed by anyone yet except for my GP but EVERYTHING fits.I am seeing my neurologist tomorrow so hope to be able to have a chat with him. For those of you on anticonvulsant medication, which would you say helps the most.
swampiesue
UKFM Member

Postby normalnutter » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:30 pm

pinkfairygirl wrote:Well I have had sickness and vomiting for two years and they say it's because of my CFS so I guess FM can cause it also. I take Domperidone and Ondancetron. I found my sickness is so bad that one antiemetic doesn't work alone.

I suggest you buy some domperidone sold under the name Motillium 10. If it works go to your doctor and ask for it on perscription because it's expersive to buy, I mean you only get 10 pills in a pack and each pack costs around £5, you have to take it three times a day so it's not worth keep buying it over the counter.

:wave: :hugs:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems