Strange sensations when falling asleep

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Strange sensations when falling asleep

Postby Wacky Racky » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Was just wondering that when it gets to the point when you are completly exhausted and sat trying to watch telly or read or something and you keep nodding off, do you have weird sort of things like ( bear with me here cos its hard to explain ) imagining things like your actually doing something or having a conversation with someone or hear someone saying something to you, even though nobody has and jumping/twitching, and then when i open my eyes everything seems very loud and i feel very confused.

Hope this makes sense to read :roll: it sort of made sense to me but i know what i wa trying to say :crazy:
Wacky Racky
UKFM Member

Re: Strange sensations when falling asleep

Postby loubie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 pm

i can sort of understand wot u mean
mine is like a really loud buzzing fuzzy feeling in my ears and head just before i drop off to sleep
and when i get that i always have a real bad dream :( not nice :(
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Ellen Tracey » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:51 pm

like dreaming without being fully asleep?, and feeling sickly when you sort of wake up ?, i call it drifting.........
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:52 pm

I hear voices and noises, people shouting radios blasting etc. I used to think it was because of the tramadol but have found it's not :? I too get the buzzy/fuzzy feeling in my head and bad dreams thing as well... I know I'm going to have a nightmare but by that time it's too late to stop myself going to sleep and then wake up partly but drift back off into another nightmare :(
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Did the jumping/twitching occur when you woke up? Because sometimes if I nod off for a short while when I'm extremely tired, I'll kinda twitch when I re-awake.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby deborah123 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 am

wow im glad its just not me that had this..thought i was just a weirdo..lol..but apparently im not the only weirdo then..PHEW!!... :mrgreen: ...i always have that feeling of everythings so loud if i awaken quickly etc :grouphug:
deborah123
UKFM Member

Postby Wacky Racky » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Thats good then that other people have same kind of thing, well not good but you know what i mean :crazy:
Wacky Racky
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems