Watery and sore eyes.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Watery and sore eyes.

Postby Kazzy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:56 am

I had a stye about thee weeks ago on the lid of one of my eyes I put this down to being run down do to lack of sleep. I got some ointment from the GP and the syte cleared and my eyes were fine.
However, on and off since then I keep getting really watery eyes, they become sore and they can also itch & sting. They water that much all the sides of each eyes have become sore and chapped. Each time it has happened I have used ointment and drops from the GP and I have not used make up. It clears up for a while and then I get it again. It cant be my make up as I have been using it for a while.
I have never had a problem with my eyes before and I am wondering if its to do with FM or something else.
At the moment I just feel that it is one thing after another and Im getting fed up with it.
I am seeing a rheumatologist on Wednesday and I didnt know if I should mention it to him.
Its worrying me cause I have never had a problem with my eyes.
Does anyone have any answers/advice.
Kazzy
UKFM Member

Re: Watery and sore eyes.

Postby nanatigtig » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:37 am

I would go back to my GP, in the mean time I would smear a small amount of vasaline on the skin surounding the eye to protect it from the constant watering, especially in this cold weather.
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:03 pm

I have had watery and sore eyes here and there but not on a regular basics.
Mention it to your GP on your next visit.

It might be the cold weather causing it.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:16 pm

You might need to throw away all your eye makeup and start afresh. You should do this if you ever have an eye infection because the bacteria might have got into the makeup and so you would be irritating your eyes whenever you use it, even if you were fine with it before.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:08 pm

google sjorgens syndrome. its something to do with dry mouth and eyes that can present as too much watery tears. definitely mention to rheumie
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Lunar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:12 am

If you can, I would get checked by an optician too, since it's an eye problem. Like the others say, it's most likely to do with the wind and cold, not to mention lack of sleep, if you have that problem too, but an optician might be able to suggest something to help. Hope you feel better soon.
Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open:)
Lunar
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems