electric shocks

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

electric shocks

Postby loubie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:29 pm

is it just me or do you get electric shocks off anything ????
by anything i mean loads of things even off other people :shock:
also loads of stingy electric shocks all over body
not all the time but at leased one or two times a day :roll:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Re: electric shocks

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi Loubie. :wave:
I get a shock here and there but not 2/3 times a day. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nanatigtig » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Oh Yes!

I have stopped using the lift in a local store as I get an arc of electicity from 6inches away, also the hand rails in shops get me.

I shut the car door by pushing the window. AND NEVER LEAN INTO A SHOPPING TROLLEYS it get my booby ends! :nono:
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:29 pm

They used to say it was becuase we wore too much nylon - but i dont wear any of that and i still get shocked.
Debenhams is the very very worst the escalator handrail ouch!!!!
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:24 pm

tesco trolleys
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:30 am

Get lots of shocks, worst ones are from OH. Had one the other week, was about 3.00am and woke up and sat bolt upright as it was so bad. Thought he'd kneed me in the back and was ready to grab and twist his soft and danglies :shock: until I realised he was laying on his front and fast asleep :yikes:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ellen Tracey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:02 am

I went though a phase of getting electric shocks everythime i touched the car door! but thankfully it hasen't happened for a while :yikes:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby lorna07 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi Loubie,

Your post caught my attention as I have been getting a lot of electirc shocks recently. When my son gave me a kiss on his way out to school this morning he jumped in amazement as we both got a shock!!
lorna07
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm

hi lorna
yes its so annoying! and it don't have to be metal i get them off anything too
we even bought a new car last year because of the shocks i kept getting off it :yikes:
have to say the new one is not as bad :dunno:

i also get little stingy shocks all over my body that make me jump sometimes :roll:
they are not nice
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby andy12720 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 am

i was going to say no not really but getting out the cat today i got a couple of right belters, will teach me to keep my mouth shut lol :yikes: :yikes:
andy12720
UKFM Member

Postby Brimstone » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:58 pm

I guess we all know about building up static charge when walking on nylon carpets or rubbing against stuff, but it seems that some people can build up a charge just by sitting in one place. It’s not uncommon to build up to 10,000 volts, and even 20,000 volts have been recorded!

The pain is not from the electricity though but from the discharge spark which effectively bores a tiny hole in the skin at the point of discharge. You can avoid this by holding a piece of metal like a key, and touch the car door or whatever with it first to discharge yourself. If it is a serious ongoing problem you could wear a metal finger thimble and use that to discharge yourself whenever you approach one of your hotspots.

Loubie, this has been a really useful topic. It would seem that some FMers are Electric People and ties in with a line of thought I have been pursuing. I wonder if there are many FMers who don’t experience shocks over and above the once in a blue moon that most people do.
brimstone

Boxes make good containers for cereals but not for thinking.
Brimstone
UKFM Member

Postby Angel777 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Yes as my fibro has worsened I have noticed this happening more and more
Angel
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Postby whiterabbit2009 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:29 pm

I to get shocks from lifts , so i touch the door with my foot and then press the button as i have found that i dont get any more shocks :)

Andrew
whiterabbit2009
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:15 am

Has anyone put a 9v (rectangular one) battery on their tongue? Is it that kinda shock? Worse/Milder? Try it, put both the positive and negative terminals on your tongue as a reference of how much it hurts. So like one of your shocks might hurt 3x the 9v battry shock, or 4x or whatever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Panasonic-PP3-9volt-battery.jpg
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Brimstone wrote: I wonder if there are many FMers who don’t experience shocks over and above the once in a blue moon that most people do.

Me.

With the number of members we have you are going to find a group of people who experience similar stuff... it doesn't mean it's anything to do with FM. A hell of a lot of us have given birth, that doesn't make it an FM thing. A lot of people experience static shocks from things.. it depends on here and what. You get shops that are static nightmares... but it's the shop not the person... same thing with lifts.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems