electric shocks

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: electric shocks

Postby denys » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:52 am

Mr A my brother tricked me into that one when I was a kid and I won't be doing it again as a reference!! :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am

I get them a lot off of our cats as well. But then I get really bad internal electric shocks loads, must be connected some how.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:45 am

denys wrote:Mr A my brother tricked me into that one when I was a kid and I won't be doing it again as a reference!! :yikes:

Hah, it's not that bad, not unless your fibro amplifies the pain. I was being serious, I want to know what these shocks feel like because I don't have them. I'm all too familiar with the pain and fatigue and Reynaud’s, etc, just never got electric shocks.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 pm

I have always got static shocks off stuff, I got one today from my daughter, they aren't like real electric shocks had a couple of them as well from equipment!! They are tingly blasts and you can sometimes see a spark jump if they are big enough, erm I would describe them as a needle prick very fast no lasting effects, but they can hurt for a second or two. Can't speak for anyone else though.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibrofighter » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:59 pm

i recently watched a program on TV about an illness similar to FM but where electric shocks were the main symptom. Electric shocks would be caused by anything from touching metal to brushing teeth. Forgot what the name for it was now, darn Fog :lol: .
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Postby dollydaydream » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:29 pm

I would rather pull my toe nails out than induce electric shocks on purpose. I get so many, and I find them unpleasant. They sting, make me jump and I don't like the nasty surprise.

Tesco trollies, and hospital beds, are the worst, followed by lifts and escalators. Sometimes I get shocks from other people if we pass too close to each other or reach together for the same tin of beans.

I must have a shocking personality!!!!!! :lol:
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Strange as it may seem not long after i posted the message on here i got talking to an old friend on hotmail. She informed me that she had just been diagnosed with this illness that causes electric shocks!! She said she had an absolute nightmare gettin through to the doctor, he wouldnt take her seriously. As the shocks are mainley in her face she actually resorted to having all her teeth taken out and falsie's put in, thinkin thats what was causing the pain :yikes: . She was then informed months later that it was the illness she had and no having her teeth taken out wouldnt help :evil:
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Postby lethargic » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:41 pm

I am sick of trying to get my G.P. to understand but every time I see her I tell her the pain I get shoots across my body and head is as if I have just plugged myself into an electric socket. I don't necessarily have to touch anything but the object that are the biggest offenders for me are the car, lift, handrails and babybuggy. :crazy:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems