Migraine

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Migraine

Postby pen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:27 am

Hi
Not so much new as lost log in details.

Just wonder if my chronic migraine is cause or effect.
Is migraine a big problem with fibro please?

Diagnosed Stoke Mandevblle 8 years ago, but no treatment or support.
Is there anything on the NHS?? I am in Bedfordshire.

My migraines are the worst, but I have other weird symptoms as well.

Who gets migraine please.
Thanks
:wave:
pen
UKFM Newbie

Re: Migraine

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:58 am

Yes migraine/tension headaches can be a daily life of pain in fibromyalgia
BUT always get it checked out to make sure it is FM and not any underling problem :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:08 pm

This may be linked to myofascial issues. Myofascial pain is common with Fibro and can cause chronic or intractable (i.e. don't respond well to meds) migraines.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby angelstar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi,
I get migraine and sinus headache everyday, also earache. My partner tries to relieve it with accupressure, as drugs don't seem to work.

Take care. Angelstar
angelstar
UKFM Newbie

Postby red dragon » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:36 pm

omg the head aches.i dont think there is a day when i dont have one.and if im really lucky i have a migraine.
i find foot massage works or neck massage,the pills certanly dont work
red dragon
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi i also suffer from migraines and sinus problems, I myself use hot water bottel in a cover, it dulls it down for me, hope this can help you. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby smoky » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:35 pm

I get loads of headaches and then migraines. I find it is often related to my TMJ? jaw clenching; if I wear my bite guard at night it is much reduced. I also found that acupuncture helped a lot
Take care!
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:18 am

i have had migrianes since i turned 12. somethingto do with puberty in my family. howveer inow take an anti migriane tablet every night called pitzofen 1.5 mg and this helps. i do get the odd one though but not as much as before.

some other pointers. if you get a migraine try an dgo to a dark room and sleep it of. that i sthe best way.

do you eat choolate cheese and sauages as these can all be triggers. try cutting one of them out of your diet for say 6 weeks and then reintroduce it to your diet an dsee if that has helped then try with the others one at a time and see if you find if any of then have trigered the migrianes.

the other thing it has been saidi nmany books and magazines and bygps. if you take headache tablets too regulalry it can actually cause a headache and migraine. so if you have a slight head ache see if you can get rid of it first my relaxing quietly with you eyes closed. and only take the headache pills if you really need too.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:29 pm

A fwe months back i suffered migraines, mine lasted up to 5 days at a time and i was also sick with them, i would wake with them and go to sleep with them, my GP tried so many meds we just could not get rid of them.

GP sent me to see the neuro team at the hospital, they made some suggestions that my GP could try.
The neuro did say that my migraine meds were making them worse. :dunno:
I have been on gabapentin for about 3 months now, i only get a migraine here and there, i can cope with that. I started on a low dose and increased them very slowly.

Ask your GP to refer you to the neuro team.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems