Heavy arms & legs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Heavy arms & legs

Postby Littles » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 am

I've been suffering from extreme heaviness in my arms and legs for a week now and it seem to be getting worse daily. I've not done any exercise or pushed myself physically to bring this on.

My poor ol Mum is brushing my hair & even cutting up my food, I can just feed myself by resting my arms on the table & lowering my head.

we've googled heavy arms and it bring up MS links, could this be? is it just a bad fibro time? how close are fibro & MS?

Thanks for reading.
Littles
UKFM Member

Re: Heavy arms & legs

Postby fairy dust » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:21 pm

i also get heavy legs, the way id describe it is they are coated in concrete,i get heavy arms too but i have thoracix output syndrome in both arms,this means if i lift my arms above my heart the circulation to both arms and hands gets cut off,making them feel very heavy and stiff, :grouphug:
please bear with me - my brain works fine its the body that lets me down !
fairy dust
UKFM Member

Postby nanatigtig » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:28 pm

I often feel as though I'm wearing concrete boots, I trudge home from walks, having to tell my feet of lift mentally if you get my drift!
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:59 pm

:( Sorry to hear you feel so bad :hugs: I also get heaviness in my legs, and feel as if i have concrete boots on. :grouphug:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:45 pm

i tell people i wear a personal gravity control that has gone wrong and makes everything - arms legs, breathing - twice as heavy as it should be
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:19 pm

I am another one that sufferes with heavy arms and legs.
A lot of fibro symptoms are simular to MS.
I get restless legs and when they are hurting i have to keep moving them but then they are like concrete so moving them makes the pain worse. I just cant win. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Littles » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Thank you for your replies.

My Doc will breath a sigh of relief that i'm not going to go and hound him for a neuro referal. although sometimes i do worry that everything i suffer from can't be put into the fibro box, i'll assume this one does.

thanks again.
Littles
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems