low GFR

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

low GFR

Postby nattyone » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:39 am

hi im new here

i was wondering if anyone here has been told they have a lower than normal GFR mine is 45 . my gp says this is because of the medications i am taking . she has strongly advised that i do not take any more than i am currently on and to reduce them wherever possible.

my rhumatologist thinks i probably have rheumatoid arthritus but both my GP and myself think Fibro is much more likely and fits much better with my symptons. he wants me to start a disease modifying drug but my Gp says she is going to write him and tell him that she believs this to be illadvised both from the fact that she believes that fibro is far more likely and because the new drug will put an added strain on my kidneys.

so my question is have any of you have got a low GFR and did it stay low or improve and when your meds changed or if they stayed the same .
nattyone
UKFM Member

Re: low GFR

Postby Ellen Tracey » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:32 pm

GFR??
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Re: low GFR

Postby nattyone » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:41 pm

its a kidney function test the result should be between 100_90 my result of 45 put me in the grade 3 moderage kidney disease .
nattyone
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems