cough

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cough

Postby Sunbeam » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:14 pm

hi, can anyone confirm that an intermittent cough (without any other obvious causes) is a symptom of FM? I get an annoying cough for a couple of days then nothing for a while, then it comes back. I had a chest xray a couple of years ago and it was ok. I think i remember one web site listing a cough as a symptom but would like to hear others experiences. TY :wave:
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Re: cough

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:58 pm

I get a dry cough and often have to clear it, it feels as if my throat has been scratched inside and swallowing hurts.
I dont have chesty coughs.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: cough

Postby lethargic » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi - I cough terribly which is because of the GERD - quite a lot of Fibro sufferers have GERD. I had operation last year on stomach and it hasn't done much good I' afraid. Do you have a persistent problem with acid reflux ?? if so ask you dr. to refer you to consultant and they can do tests. Good luck. :wave:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems