Chest Pain?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chest Pain?

Postby BexHale » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:43 am

I suffer from a really bad chest pain sometimes. It feels like a stitch but I can get it even without moving or exercising. It's lasted weeks before. Anyone else experienced the same thing? Is it linked with Fibro?
Live the life you love. Love the life you live.
BexHale
UKFM Member

Re: Chest Pain?

Postby gillshutt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:37 am

It sounds like it could be costochondritis which is associated with FM. It's when the interstitial muscles between the ribs go into spasm and can be very dibilitating, especially if it happens to all of them all at once.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby nanatigtig » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi Bex,

While I agree with gill I would say NEVER ignore chest pain you must get it checked by your GP, fybro can mask other illnesses, It is always best to have your gps diagnosis and not your own (the internet has become the new home medical book).
as to your other post don't worry about what other people thing its your body and you know how much you can out it through!

:hugs: :hugs:
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby BexHale » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks for your replies. I've had a chest x-ray a few months ago and there's nothing serious going on. So i assume it is linked with Fibro...I've learned some breathing techniques during Yoga classes that help deal with the pain. But nothing else helps because it's under my ribs.
Live the life you love. Love the life you live.
BexHale
UKFM Member

Postby mina666 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:11 pm

BexHale wrote:I suffer from really bad chest pain sometimes It feels like a stitch but I can get it even without moving or exercising. It's lasted weeks before. Anyone else experienced the same thing? Is it linked with Fibro?
i have suffered with severe pain under my shoulder blades & under my breast the only way i can describe the pain is saying that it was like a vice getting tighter &tighter each time i take a breath.I have never felt anything as bad ,it has been extreem for approx 6months on&off the last attack was two weeks ago and i had to call my GP.who of course just changed my meds and said it was all due to F M.I dont know how much more of this crazy curse i can suffer :cry: :roll: i am so upset with the doctors,pain consultants,councilers,shrinks ect ,ect NO one can or will give me a full prognoses :needhug: :evil: Does anyone else feel as i do?And then there is all the other pain all over my body :yikes: :(
hi,my name is mina i have lived with FM for 8yrs.i have just moved from manchester to ayrshire,i recently spoke to a lady who also has FM,she told me about this web site which i joined today and look forward to chatting to other sufferers.
mina666
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Sun May 16, 2010 11:45 am

Hi Mina,

I think we all feel the way you do in a sense, i think its because there is no true test that assures us it is fibro. I have pain all through my body too, feet ,elbows, ribs and now recently collar bone ,neck and jaw. I went to see a doc about the neck and jaw and he said it is fibro related, in other words muscular as opposed to joint problems, which he said is a relief sort of! my goodness is doesnt feel that way but i understood what he meant. As i waited to have an impression of my teeth done it washed over me that im stuck with this illness :( and in my case the more angry and upset i get the more pain i recieve :x .

I have had a scan, xrays and endless bloods done, and only then did the rheumy say i had fibro but i still worry, i guess its because i sit and wonder how on earth i can be in so much pain and not have anyway of relieving it! in this day and age too, with all the knowledge on medicine that there is! I just hope more research is done and maybe we will all get some deffinate answers and hopefully a cure! can you imagine how we would party if we did :lol:

Take Care,

you are not alone,

x
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby Charlee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Chest pain was my first FMS symptom i had it from about the age of 2, i have had every test under the sun from x-rays, cario tests, respitory tests ect i have lost count of the times i have been blue lighted to hospital only for them to find nothing, i still get it now (23 years) its horrible and really scary, my partner always worries becuase i ignore it now that one day it will be something serious and we wont know. I had some steroid injections into my ribs once that helped for a few months before waring off.
Charlee
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi there i also suffer with constant chest pain and try hard to ignore it, my doctor diagnosed me with Costochondritis before i was diagnosed with Fibro i find that stretching helps me. :hugs:
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby measles » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:00 pm

I was diagnosed with costo about 20years ago and it was my first symptom.
measles
UKFM Member

Postby samaritan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:51 am

I too have chest pain and as you say its like a vice grip on your chest that almost stops you breathing! The doc diagnosed me as having bornholmes syndrome about 30 years ago,have had this pain regularly over the years. This was also known as 'devils grip'.... :twisted: . Hope your pain eases mena. Nobody ever really gave me any support with this pain,it was as if they thought i was bluffing!!
samaritan
UKFM Newbie

Postby budda » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:35 am

yes been there, if you look good, then people cant see the pain your in, here is soft :hugs: from me.
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems