Burning in the neck

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning in the neck

Postby johnoni » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:34 pm

Anyone have any tips on dealing with this. I get this in my right shoulder and goes up the right side of my neck into the back of my head. Its agony. I have tried heat, cold etc but nothing seems to work. Only thing I find works is my wife putting her thumb into the area just at the centre of my neck where my neck meets my skull and pressing. Only problem with this is, she has to push that hard I am bruised for days to come in that area and it only gives me short term relief.

Any new ideas to deal with this would be really welcome

Regards

Myles
johnoni
UKFM Newbie

Re: Burning in the neck

Postby budda » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi my husband rubs my shoulder that hard i am screaming with the pain, this sounds silly but its a good pain,then i get my hot water bottle with a cover on it, two pain killers and lie down with the bottle at the back of my neck, does not take it away, but dulls the pain,hope someone else can tell us how to take the pain away, I had that for five days, on the shoulder up the neck and pains in my head and very sick, but feel ok today,hope you feel better to day.
budda
UKFM Regular

Re: Burning in the neck

Postby Jenny Wren » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Have you had any kind of neck injury, or stretched your neck at all? I have terrible burning neck pain, started after a physio session last January, and a MRI scan showed I have a bulging disc (like a slipped disc) around C3. Don't know if fibro makes it worse, but it blood hurts! I find jamming a hot water bottle into it helps, but am also on daily pain killers (gabapentin & zamadol) to help control the pain.
Jenny Wren
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems