FM or MS?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

FM or MS?

Postby susiec » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:25 am

Thia may have come up before or I am a newbie here. I was dx 2 years ago but like many have been left alone pretty much by the rheumy.
I'm back to see him in May and have some concerns - my tendons seem to be "stretching" and painful, but also my symptoms seem to be worse in the warm weather. Isn't this supposed to be contra to FM - isn't FM supposed to be better in the warm? I'd heard MS has a lot of symptoms the same as FM but :( that MS gets a lot worse in the warm weather? I'm worried about it - should I speak to the rheumy about it, and has anyone else had these worries? Any help appreciated. :cry:
Hoe long is it till I can retire??!!
susiec
UKFM Member

Re: FM or MS?

Postby gillshutt » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:36 am

Hi Susie, sorry you suffer i the warm weather. I have more pain in the cold but way more exhaustion, collapsing, falling over etc in the heat. The problem with FM is that it affects us all differently and what's good for one isn't for another. I would speak to your rheumy about it, or your gp if you see them sooner. Ask about MS if you are worried about it, ask for a referal to a neuro or for an MRI to rule it out. I've had 3 and finally saw the top MS guy in Wales who has finally put my mind at ease that I don't have MS and everything is down to my FM.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Re: FM or MS?

Postby LinzWorld » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:26 am

I would talk to your GP as you need to see a neurologist to talk about MS. A rheumy won't be able to diagnose or rule it out.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems