Anyone have this?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Anyone have this?

Postby coral » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:41 pm

hi Kaz, your sister-in-law has my sympathies with the visa lark, such hard work and so much paperwork. Like I said I finally got my hubby here after being married to him for 16 months and being apart and with a cost of £3,000 thats without all the trips I had to make to visit him in Morocco. Now he's here the final step is to keep him here which is yet more expense £1,095 then of course Britian Citizenship next year which is about £700 +. Nightmare. he managed to find a job last September near where we live so that helps out a bit but its not many hours only about 20 on a good week. Of course my son is at the age where he's having driving lessons, mobile phone and now contact lenses so all I seem to be doing is paying out all the time. Nothing new there. I got £30 a week off his father but that don't go anywhere near what I spend out.

Wow your hubby works long hours Kaz. Nice to know that the kids behave for you even though they hide their washing. My son just dumps his on the floor. :cry:

My friend just text me to see if I'm working in the morning as she knew I felt ill in work yesterday. Mornings are my best time (after about an hour of stiffness getting out of bed lol) so I should be ok until 1ish. Then going to hospital to visit my gran, she's 99 next month. Sometimes she walks better than me. In fact she said to me last week "Coral I think its you that needs a wheelchair, not me". Charming :D
coral
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:37 am

Hi Coral
Gosh, thats an awful lot of money :cry: especially in the current climate!! My back decided to collapse on me last night so was stuck on the sofa all night because i couldnt move :roll: . My hubby was at work as usual, he does work a lot of hours but suppose with a family to care for its whats needed huh. Altho my kids were absolute gems last night! Called my family for help and not one of them would come and help me :( i have the worst family imaginable :lol: however my eldest (he 11) Made me a bru and put the side table next to sofa with everything i would need for the night on it :D bless him!!! His dad then recieved a text message sayin "hi dad, mum is ok i have made her comfortable, dont worry love you" haha, always had an old head on his shoulders :lol:. Back still taut today but now have at least a little mobility :D . Gonna try and take my kids park today to reward them for being good when i was sore last night!

Hope your stiffness eases up sooner rather than later :D
:hugs: Kaz xx
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Postby coral » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi kaz, so sorry about what happened to your back last night, hope its better today. So nice that your eldest sorted you out with a drink etc. My son was annoyed at me last night because I was lying on my bed at 9.30pm and wanted me too cook him food. Families are not like they used to be with helping out etc. My mam cares a lot about me but she's 73 so can't really help. My sister don't bother much and I hate asking her for help anyways.

Am in work today but will be leaving soon to go to the hospital to visit my gran, its not far from where I work. Then will get the bus home about 5 and get in the house about 5.45. By that time I will be done in and waiting patiently for bedtime lol.

My back is aching like mad again today and so so so tired and fussy head, can't concentrate as usual. How you feeling today?
coral
UKFM Member

Postby kphillips » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi all!. Looked up this Sjogren's. Dry eye, yes i have drops every night. thyroid desease, tablets everyday.
tongue feels hot, like just drank something hot, dry throat, throat has lump init sometimes and ages for it to go.. teeth hurt, not for the dentist, just hurt or ache..and lastly my gums get stuck to my teeth, and when i go to talk it hurts like hellllllllllllll.
Sjogren's seems to be a fm thing.
kathy :needhug:
kphillips
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Coral
Yes i know what you mean about families. Although not spoken to my mum for 8 years now so only really have my dad, step mum and my 2 half sisters (half only for clarification :lol: ). I try my hardest to raise my boys with compassion, but as with all boys laziness sometimes takes over :lol: . You have had a busy day havent u!! No wonder you are feeling the pain :? Hope you get a great sleep and feel better tomorrow :D

Hi Kathy
Oh i will look that up, thankyou. Never heard of it before. Strange how all these seemingly minor things can be related to FM isnt it :cry: . Seems you have a lot going on at the moment pain wise :cry: Hope you are feeling better soon
:grouphug: Kaz xx
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Congratulations honey
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby judithmary » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:53 am

Sore tongue? yes, since the beginning. Also seems to be worse with flares, but is permanent anyway. Have decided to ignore it as it doesn't mean anything and fairly sure it is linked to trigger points in jaw, neck, etc. (suggested by excellent physiotherapist I had in S.Africa). Re link with periods - true, too true and a big joke as I'm now 64! also get water retention at that time and definitely different from other days! how weird is that?!! :lol: So many symptoms, so little time!! No-one understands except you lot (and a very few medics), for which we can be eternally grateful. :)
judithmary
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:15 am

kphillips wrote:Sjogren's seems to be a fm thing.
kathy :needhug:

Jusst because FM produces similar symptoms it doesn't mean you have Sjogren's syndrome... if you suspect you have this as well as FM then go to your gp and tell them, Sjogren's isn't something you should just leave alonbe as it doesn't just give you a dry mouth and eyes but can also affect the other organs of the body.
Sjogren's usually shows up in a blood test cobined with testing the tear ducts and salivary glands.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby dogtired » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:53 pm

just a thought.......a good practitioner of chinese medicine may help you..... :)
dogtired
UKFM Member

Postby coral » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Well yet another useless appointment with Dr last night. Seen a different one and really wanted some answers about these prolapsed discs I've got because the last Dr I spoke to just said "You've got a few discs sticking out". That's it nothing else. Anyway the Dr I saw last night (as he's not regular) said he couldn't access my files for the results and could I go back and see him in 2 weeks time. He said if they're pressing on a nerve then I will have to have an operation but if not they will leave them alone.

I mentioned the fibro to him and he sort of didn't want to agree to that as the other Dr said I had it. He said he'd rather wait and see the MRI results. He said that al the stomach problems that I've been having since last September is nothing to do with Fibro as thats not part of the symtoms of Fibro when I know that it is. He said there is no help at all for Fibro and that no painkillers will help at all and that the anti-depressants are only used because people get depressed with the pain. Also he said my sore tongue isn't connected either. I said "so its something I have to live with then". He didn't answer that. Oh yeah he said that stress plays a major factor to the symptoms, like I don't already know that.

I feel that its just absolutely pointless going to get answers, he looked at me yesterday like I was just a pain in the backside to them going back and for to the surgery so much. Really had a gutsful.
coral
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:11 am

Sorry to hear you still have no answers.
Are you able to swap to another surgery? you might get an understanding GP, it does help to get a GP on your side. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby coral » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 am

It would be difficult to move to another surgery as mine is local and everywhere else I would have to catch buses too, so I don't fancy that. I will try other doctors because we have quite a few. Maybe thats the trouble, seeing different doctors they all have different opinions. If all else fails and I don't get the answers I need then maybe I will have to consider paying privately to see a Rheumatologist. Can't do it at the moment though as I will be in the process of moving soon (locally) so will need all the money I've got for that but maybe when we've settled in and got some spare cash its an option if I'm nowhere down the line by then.

So frustrating sometimes but I will keep on until I get a proper answer.
coral
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Coral
Sorry to hear about your problems with the doc :cry: . They a real pain aint they?? Mines the same. Is the MRI for your discs? I know FM will not show up on an MRI as i have had 3 and each time all they said was i just had excessive wear and tear, whatever the hell that means :lol: . As for painkillers and depression i was told that Amitriptyline are given because FM causes difficulties in reaching deep sleep and that sufferers maintain in a state of REM sleep all night so the tabs help aid deep sleep. Also my doc insists painkillers have to be taken as FM is incurable and therefore the only way of dealing with it is pain relief. It is frustrating when they shrug their shoulders and look at you like "what do u expect me to do" :x . I went to see a psychic the other day and he told me that my flare up should end in about 3 months and also that my doc understands the pain im in but feels after all i have come thru and succeeded he wants me to do the same with the FM and move onwards :?
Hope you get somewhere soon regarding both FM and discs :D
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Postby coral » Sat May 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi Kaz. yeah these doctors can be a real pain and like you said just shrug their shoulders like what? I hate going there now. I find one who seems to be really nice and easy to talk to then last week I just had the impression he was thinking "here she is again, what's it going to be today"?

We;re in the process of moving house soon. I bought my grans house about 10 years ago, its about a mile from where I live now but its a much bigger house. LIke I said before she's 99 next Friday and is in hospital so she will be going into a nursing home on Wednesday which is local too so we can visit her often. I can't wait to get away from the house I'm in now because its so cold and damp (landlady won't do anything about it) so I can't stick another winter here. Was in so much pain last winter, spent most of my time in bed with electric blanket on.

Trouble is I've totally overdone it today. Went there at 9am and got back home at 7pm. Thought I'd just fill a few bin liners with things that need to be thrown out but then my son rang me and said he was coming up to start taking the old furniture apart. So of course I ended up helping him (hubby came up later as he was working) and I carried too much heavy stuff. Then of course the bending didn't help, my son had to help me twice to stand up again. My left buttock is still in agony after falilng down the stairs 3 weeks ago but of course have to wait about another month as GP said about 4 - 6 weeks but there's something definitely wrong there. I should have gone to hospital the night I fell at least I could have had it x-rayed.

As I just said on another posting when I've moved house and if I have any money left over I think I will definitely pay to see a private Rheumatologist because I'm sick of one Dr saying I have Fibro and another being hesitant about it and the symptoms. I'd just rather know for definite from a professional. I don't have must faith in my doctors at the moment.

Hope you're ok Kaz and not feeling so ill at the moment. I'm off to bed in a minute, had a hot bath just now, lovely while I was lying in there but pain again on getting out. Might just swithch the electric blanket on to have a good warm through, that might help.
coral
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 pm

:hugs: Hi Coral
Awww im sorry your still struggling :hugs: not good is it? I can understand you wanting to move, i moved last year and this house is freezing in winter :? . As for Docs, god what a nightmare!! I have been suffering horrendous headaches and cannot get anywhere with the doc. Got to stage now where ppl say i shud go but i wont :lol: . Mind you my fibro playin havoc at the moment as my so called mother has started her harrassment of me AGAIN! So the stress is causing the fibro to start. We have not spoken for 8 years now and i wish she would just leave me alone instead of causing trouble all the time. Debating getting a restraining order against her but worried it will make her get worse. If only emancipation was common in this country :lol: . Ah well, such is life :lol:
Hope you are feeling better soon and get into your nice warm new house :D

fibrofighter
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems