Anyone have this?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Anyone have this?

Postby coral » Thu May 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Kaz. Sorry to hear about your mother, don't need stress with everything thats wrong (Fibro wise), must be hard for you. I love my mother to bits but I don't see my father at all, they split up when I was 15 and he met a woman with 3 kids so he didn't want to know me then. If I see him we speak but he makes no attempt to get in contact with me, it was always me phoning to see how he was etc. His wife isn't very nice, she's a minister and whenever my father has been ill and in hospital she never ever rings me, I usually hear it from people in the village I live in. Haven't spoken to him now in about a year so I just can't be bothered to let him know I'm moving he can find out off someone else like I've had to about him.

Had a few ok days with pain. In work now and have to go to nursing home this afternoon as my gran went in yesterday and she was so upset about it all, then straight after have to go to the new house as expecting a delivery of table and chairs. Hoping to get wall paper stripping this coming weekend so expect I will be aching day after. Got Dr's next Tuesday about the MRI results. Like you I feel like not going no more cos they don't give answers, hard to know sometimes whether new symptoms is fibro related or something completely different. It's the chest pains that I don't like, they really scare me and I think to myself "am I going to have a heart attack or is this just fibro pains".

ok better get some work done before I leave to get the bus to the nursing home. Off out for a meal tomorrow with my nana (her 99th birthday), mother and sister. Looking forward to that and I will be having a pudding to follow lol.

Take care and speak to you soon.
coral
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Thu May 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi Coral
Parents eh?? My mum was very abusive when i was growing up and is a complete control freak, when we were friends if i didnt do as she told me i got beat up so i walked away, but she hates that im in control of my own life now and so harrasses me every chance she gets. My uncle just had a brain heammorage and even though i have not seen him for 15yrs she blamed me :o . Needless to say since she started again i have bad IBS and pain has increased. Not impressed!! Thankfully my uncle appears like he will recover :D .

OOOOO enjoy your meal out, pudding is always the best bit but i have a tendency to eat my meal and become too full for dessert :lol: . Enjoy!!!

As for hospital i hope everything goes well for you and you get some answers :D

:hugs: Kaz xx
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Postby coral » Fri May 14, 2010 11:49 am

Hi kaz. I have sent you a message because otherwise the list will go on and on. Let me know if you get it.
Coralx
coral
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Fri May 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Should do a 'have you got crap parents' tribe type thing.

I don't have the tongue issues, well, I am sure mine are associated with medication and is easily dealt with.

Parent wise though, feel your pain. My step mum and my mum were emotionally and verbally abusive, my mum was a husband beater and alcoholic as well. My Dad is just a weak man who went from one vicious woman to another, much as I love him, he kinda ruined my childhood by not standing up for us enough, I mean, he did ok with my mum but he ignored us about my step mum and she was a cow bag back then.

Feel your pain!!!!
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Mon May 17, 2010 12:30 am

Hi Tiresix
wow i know what you mean. I too had a stepmum who i actualy got along with until she had my two sisters with my dad, then she made my life a misery because i became excess baggage. I adore my dad, i always have but he too is a very weak man and never to this day stood up for me. My step dad just ignored me but my mum made it well known that she would rather i dissapeared and allowed her to start afresh with a new family. Thankfully i was lucky enough to have absolute angels in the form of my paternal grandma n grandad, i worshipped them!!! They begged my mum and dad to allow them to adopt me even thought they were 60 when i was born, my dad agreed but my mum wanted the CSA money off dad so wouldnt alow it :roll: . Rubbish start in life isnt it, to feel so unwanted :cry: but in some ways they did me a favour. I am now a very strong person and strive to be the best parent i can :D
These things are sent to try us i suppose!!
Hope u like me and refuse let the badness we endured define us :D
Kaz xx
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Mon May 17, 2010 12:34 am

Hi Coral
Not had a message hun :?
Kaz xx
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Postby coral » Mon May 17, 2010 11:25 pm

hi Kaz sorry about that, I did send you a private message, don't understand why it didn't turn up. Probably did something wrong I expect. :lol: I'm really sorry to hear that about your step mum etc. My mam and dad divorced when I was 15 and I don't like my step mum one bit. My Dad doesn't bother with me at all now and when he's been in hospital I've only found out through people in the village. My step mum is a minister so you'd think she'd be a bit charitable but she's not. She don't want my Dad to have anything to do with me, just her children. I'm not bothered though because my mother is my one true parent who I love to bits.

Talking about abusive I was in an abusive marriage for 20 years. I divorced him in 2003 because I couldn't stand any more but he still managed to come back a week later after I told him to go and fractured my sternum. Even that bone still hurts now to this day.

Sorry haven't been on here for a while Kaz, just we're in the middle of moving and lots of jobs to be done in the new house before we can actually move. I stripped some wallpaper off last week and the pain in my shoulder is killing me and that was a week ago. Dr said stress don't help with Fibro but you can't avoid that when you're moving house I suppose. Oh well off to bed now because I'm really shattered. Hope you're ok Kaz. Speak soon.
Coral xxx
coral
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Fri May 21, 2010 10:12 am

Hi Coral
With regards to my step mum its something i learnt to live with now :wink: . I definalty would of thought a minister would have been more accomodating, just shows no matter what the outside show people see u can never really know the true person. Everyone adores my mum and i have been accused of making the abuse up may times, however eventually she turns on them and the penny drops :lol: they cant keep the facade up forever :wink: . As for your ex thats awful, sorry you have had to endure that as noone should have that in their lives!! :hugs:

Awww hope the house move is nearly completed now, what a nightmare it is!! But the finished result is always worth it :wink:

Hope you feeling better
Kaz xx
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems