I'm a little scared

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm a little scared

Postby Jacquieg » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:39 pm

I saw a Rheumatology Consultant at the hospital in March 2010 and he diagnosed FM and prescribed Lyrica, to no effect I must add, however he said he didn't need to see me again, unless the blood tests he had taken showed up any abnormalitie, as my doctor could manage my condition given that it would not be a quick recovery, if that. I got a letter from his secretary 10 days ago to say that my Liver Function Test was slightly high and I would have to have the bloods taken again by my practice nurse and then an abdominal scan. I had the second lot of tests done last Monday and when I phoned for the results on Friday I was told that I should make an appointment to see the doctor as they are still high. I got a letter in today to say the scan is next Saturday! Has anyone gone through this and if so can you help me not to feel just so anxious - I'm sure you can imagine the type of thing running round my head!! I have to tell you first though, that I do not drink or smoke and the only bad man I k now is my husband - my feeble attempt at a joke!!!
Jacquieg
UKFM Newbie

Re: I'm a little scared

Postby gillshutt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:16 am

I think it depends on which part of the test showed high results, there are 6 different things they are testing for.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Jacquieg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:09 am

Oh I didn't know that so I will ask. Many thanks for your reply as I have over 'googled' it and imagined all sorts of things!!! I wish it was next Saturday to get the scan and ask the questions.
Thanks again
Jacquieg
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 am

Good luck with your scan, hope you get some answers soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jacquieg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks Shaz I loved the little hug you attached. It's just what I needed.
Jacquieg
UKFM Newbie

Postby lethargic » Mon May 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Haven't had this myself but good luck - I'm sure if our toe nails turned alternate colours of the rainbow our drs. would blame Fibro. Take care. :wave:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Today for no reason i went to go out of my house and could not move, many years ago i had panic attackes, did not no what to do who to phone, phoned my OH at work, head started bursting shakeing, mouth got very dry and felt light headed, i got very scared,OH came home and tryed to comfort me but it was not working, tryed blowing into a bag,then after an hour, things started to get a bit better for me,i just hope this is not the start of panicing again, if anyone can surgest spelling bad anything please do so.
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems