Headaches HELP

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Headaches HELP

Postby kerrie » Fri May 28, 2010 9:28 am

I get right sided headaches so bad sometimes i feel like i am having a stroke, always the right side. i have been told its tension headache and nerve pain. Taking pregablin but not really helping and have had trigger point injections a couple of weeks ago, waiting to see if that continutes to help.
kerrie
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri May 28, 2010 9:33 am

I find an indian head massage helps relieve alot of tension headaches
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby patches » Mon May 31, 2010 11:49 am

the plant feverfew is supposed to be good for headaches and you can buy the natural tablets at health shops.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/feverfew ... aches.html

I agree with what Paulus said about Tramadol causing headaches. I take Tramadol for my fibro and after have to reach for headache pills; although I haven't tried Tramadol in conjunction with feverfew.
patches
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon May 31, 2010 8:14 pm

Always check whether your usual meds interact with any natural remedies you try as some meds can alter the concentration effects of homeopatheic treatments :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cariad » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Just read this thread. I used to suffer with crippling headaches which I now think were caused by stress....very stressful job and marriage about to end etc etc. Painkillers just made me feel ill. I eventually found Feverfew tablets in health food shop and never looked back. They do take a while to become absorbed into your system but once that happens...Bingo no headaches! Its worth a try although I appreciate were all different. :idea:
cariad
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:27 am

If you want to try Feverfew, don't get homepathic preparations - they won't contain any actual feverfew!
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gemjackets » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:43 am

Hi, i have recently started getting frequent migraines and having extreme pain in my eyes when i try to move them, ive also been recently diagnosed with Tempro Mandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ) which i think also causes headaches. My gp told me to have my eyes tested. the optician said that my eyesight was ok althoughi get blurred vision really badly. he did tell me that he thinks the fibro is affecting the muscles at the back of my eyes which control the optic nerve and he wrote a lettter to my gp saying he wanted them to refer me to a neurologist asap. the gp then called me into the clinic and said that she thought that this was totally unnecessary and there was no way that she was going to refer me. nothing was offered to me as an alternative and i am still suffering with the pain...i don't know what to do next regarding the headaches. i don't seem to be getting anywhere at the moment although i am with the pain clinic, nothing is being done. has anyone got any suggestions? thanks :?
gemjackets
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Can you ask your GP why she thinks the referral is unnecessary and what she would suggest you do instead, that way you put it back to your doc to sort something. I get really blurry eyes which lasts for a couple of minutes to all day :!: my optician checked the ducts in my eyelids and said that they should produce an oily substance that coats the eye everytime you blink and that mine is like toothpaste (nice) so I have to use a special eye pad containing flax which you heat in a microwave (same as a wheat bag) and lie with it on my eyes for 10 minutes twice a day! what a palaver then massage them to melt this stuff and clear it out. Doesnt seem to be working :!: :hugs: Hope you get some help soon cos its certainly no fun :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby gemjackets » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi, thanks Denys, i have tried asking my gp about an alternative or why she wont refer me and she just says that she thinks the optician over reacted and that it isn't necessary. i feel like i'm permanently banging my head against a brick wall
gemjackets
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Only other thing then is to go back to the optician and tell them what your GP has said, I dont suppose they can refer you as it has to come out of someones budget but maybe they have some alternative suggestions :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:27 pm

It's possibly because muscular issues with the eyes aren't uncommon with Fibro.

Are you getting treatment for the TMJD? That could be causing a lot of the issues you're having.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby gemjackets » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm not receiving any treatment yet,. but i was diagnosed with tmjd a few weeks ago, but they don't seem interested. they have said nothing about it since, so im unsure as to what the treatment would be...........
gemjackets
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems