fluttering in chest

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fluttering in chest

Postby sheebee » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:13 am

Hi feeling really down at mo been off work all week had funny turn on monday morning was walking my dog just bent over and heart started racing and felt all dizzy generally unwell. Have had palpatations before and usually hold my breath to stop them. Hubby took me to A&E had heart monitor on blood sugars checked blood pressure checked and blood tests but nothing found. Waiting to have a 24hr ECG on 18/5in hope they catch me having an episode tho bout 8 yrs ago i had 48hr ECG and nothing showed up. Since monday just sat in the chair then suddenly it like my chest flutters and my blood supply is cut off for a split second. Also got terrible neck and headaches but had these on and off for years. I feeling really scared at mo and guess that will probably make me worse. I was diagnosed with FM approx 9 yrs ago have a number of symptoms over the years which i learn to cope with but the heart racing and dizzy feeling i am not coping with at all. Has anyone else suffered like this and if so did you find any answers to why it happens. :cry:
sheebee
UKFM Member

Re: fluttering in chest

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:06 pm

I get dizzy spells and feel like my legs are going to collapse underneath me, i seem to get worse when i have a migraine, sometimes i feel dizzy when i get up of the sofa or out of bed, it happens lots to me.
I dont have a racing heart though.

Hope you find some answers soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibofog » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi
my husband gets this regularly,they have finaly found out he was born with a small piece of his heart missing on the right side,if it had been on the left side no action would be taken, but because its on the right it will cause fatigue,shortness of breath and in time he will have a pace maker but nothing to worry about at present.
fibofog
UKFM Member

Postby lethargic » Mon May 03, 2010 5:42 pm

My consultant put my palpitations and pounding headaches down to the fibro. said it was all part of panic attacks. I too have had ECG's in the past and nothing showed up. I am hoping you get some satisfactory explanation - fingers crossed and let us know how you get on. :hugs: :hugs:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Postby sheebee » Tue May 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi back to work today still get the palpatations sometimes just need to cough when feel a fluttering and it goes away but think i am more aware of it now because i am worrying about it. Roll on 18th May when i have another ECG just hope it shows up something :)
sheebee
UKFM Member

Postby sheebee » Wed May 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Had another episode at work today the fluttering in the chest and felt really dizzy and lightheaded my boss took me to the doctors who checked me over and asked for the history and symptoms. He said it sounds like supraventricular tachycardia that isnt harmful but need to get it caught on an ecg for a proper diagnosis. I asked if it was linked to the fibromyalgia and he said most definately not so guess i will have to wait for my 24hr ecg and fingers crossed :?
sheebee
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed May 05, 2010 6:26 pm

i had palpitations for years that they said was anxiety - i had echo/ultra heart scan - they found a murmour - Mytral Valve prolapse.
I have had it since birth they say, but only found a few years ago.
Sometimes anxiety can cause flutterings, and so can wind believe it or not.
Hope you get an answer soon.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby ajay » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi,
I get these flutters in my chest the Doc originally told me that it may be something to do with my thryroxin doseage - however even now that they have my dose right I still get the flutters in my chest - especially when I'm lying down - sometimes a strange feeling goes all the way up my neck and throat too.
I feel that maybe they are something to do with the FM and try and ignore them but to be honest when they happen in the middle of the night it frightens me rotten.
If you get to know any kind of information I would be very please if you could tell me about it.
Thanks
Alison :)
ajay
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen virgo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:41 pm

I get this and was diagnosed ,eventually after 24 hour monitoring and loads of ECG's, with Atrial Fibrilation which is a heart problem. They also discovered my blood is too thick so I have to take warfarin plus two different sorts of heart meds.
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems