Symptoms of Fibro similar to ME

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Symptoms of Fibro similar to ME

Postby princess » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:26 pm

I was diagnosed with Chronic Post Viral and Mialgia.
But when you look at ME and Fibro they symptoms are very very alike
Here is a Dr who is involved with ME association and who also suffers ME.

http://www.nhs.uk/me/introduction.aspx
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: Symptoms of Fibro similar to ME

Postby denys » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 pm

My doc thinks FM and ME are opposite ends of the same spectrum as things seem to tie in just at varying degrees :dunno: interesting link
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Miss sleepy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:09 pm

once saw a paper somewhere that said the symptoms are the same but the diagnosis is based on which comes first and wether the pain caused the tiredness (fibro) or the tiredness starts causing pain (CFS) - not sure wether there was anything valid behind that but it was something that seemed to come across when they were doing my diagnosis how long I had had each symptom etc
Never judge a day by the weather.
The best things in life aren't things.
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses.
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing.
No rain - no rainbows.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon May 03, 2010 7:45 pm

I was diagnosed with ME and myalgia on the same day by the same dr.
It appeared to me that the fatigue and th amount of power in your army and legs were the ME
The Fibro seems to be more the pain side of it.
But i cannot distinguist the difference now as i have symptoms of both and its been too long having both.
I dont care what its called i just want rid of it lol
please god one day they will find a cure
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby lethargic » Tue May 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Can you clear this one up for me !!! On loads of sites some fibros mention how fatigued they are and tired and could sleep the clock round. I get terrible fatigue - its like dragging a concrete block - but can I sleep !! can I heck. The only thing that gives me a few hours is 3 amitriptyline and then I feel like a zombie the next morning. My hubby says when I take meds he can't sleep for me screaming in my sleep (shame I'm being chased by demons and not Brad Pitt lol - on second thoughts I wouldn't know what to do with him !!!) :wave:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Tue May 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Sleep issues are an almost universal Fibro problem, but for some people it's poor quality sleep but lots of it, other it's insomnia. In my experience, having insomnia doesn't mean you aren't fatigued either! Having fatigue doesn't mean you can fall to sleep easily.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed May 05, 2010 2:00 pm

I think i will reword that - there are many similarities of ME/Fibro - but as i said i have been here for 15 years now and i think its just one bad illness for me now.
I just wish for us all that someone somewhere could find a cure, or at least meds that really help.
We need more funding from the government on research eh
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems