Falling asleep just about everywhere

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Falling asleep just about everywhere

Postby junebenton07 » Sun May 09, 2010 1:34 am

Hi all,

I hope that someone out there can give me an answer to this problem, not getting anywhere with my GP.

For awhile now, i have had this really tired feeling, no exhausted would be a better word. This exhausted feeling seems to creep up on me so quick i just nod off wherever i might be, even when i've been talking to someone. It,s beginning to frighten me abit, all i get from my GP is that i'm just getting tired due to the lack of proper sleep!!. :banghead: :banghead:

Has anyone else experienced this at any time, i know that we all get very tired with our fibro, but this is getting to happen quite alot recently. Please can anyone help me on this, i would be most grateful if you can.

Best wishes,

June xx :needhug:
junebenton07
UKFM Member

Re: Falling asleep just about everywhere

Postby shazq » Sun May 09, 2010 9:48 am

Hi June
It sounds like fatigue, alot of us suffer with this.
Like you said you can be talking to someone and you just end up falling asleep, you cant help it can you.

Somedays i feel so exhausted i cant do anything.

My OH has it also, it does not matter how much sleep you have had it still happens, i could be sat there talking to him and his eyes just go then before i know it he is snoring.

As far as i know theres nothing you can do about it, even if you get up and walk around for a bit you will still fall of to sleep when you sit down. :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby hamstergirl » Sun May 09, 2010 10:12 am

Hi

Have you been tested for Diabetes. I made a friend through parents who has Diabetes and when she was telling me how long she had she said she used to fall asleep anywhere, even through a conversation!

She once went out on a night out and collapsed after one drink. She was taken to hospital but treat appalling, they were thinking she was a drunk.

Her mum insisted on tests and found she was diabetic and had to start injecting immediately.

I know with fm tiredness is dreadful but i think its worth being tested just to rule it out.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Sun May 09, 2010 4:24 pm

I am going to add that you may want to be tested for underactive thyroid; with this my primary symptom is fatigue - to the extent that you describe, where I can literally fall asleep anywhere. I say fall asleep; but it almost feels like a blackout as I have no control over it !

Anyway, if you havent been tested ask to be! :D

take care!
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby junebenton07 » Sun May 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi all,

Many thanx for the advice, i will certainly look into these things, it could just be the fibro, but its always better to get things checked.

We seem to have to cope with one thing after the other, seems to be nearly everyday it,s something different!

Thankyou again, best wishes to all,

June :grouphug: soft hugs
junebenton07
UKFM Member

Postby rkc.rhome » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:49 pm

I have had this problems for years and just thought it was tiredness, it first happened at a football match where my son was in a cup final, my husband woke me up I had been talking rubbish to one of our friends and my husband realised that I had been asleep, I was standing up with my eyes open and talking when in fact I was asleep, it has happened many times.
I have recently moved to a new town and had to change doctors and have explained all my many fm problems, it is the best thing I have ever done, I have finally found a doctor who understands my many symptoms, but going back to this falling asleep problem, he is sending me for a brain scan as he thinks it may be small siezures, I will let you know what happens it might be advisable to speak to your doctor again in case it is seizures.
rkc.rhome
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:01 am

rkc.rhome wrote:I have had this problems for years and just thought it was tiredness, it first happened at a football match where my son was in a cup final, my husband woke me up I had been talking rubbish to one of our friends and my husband realised that I had been asleep, I was standing up with my eyes open and talking when in fact I was asleep, it has happened many times.
I have recently moved to a new town and had to change doctors and have explained all my many fm problems, it is the best thing I have ever done, I have finally found a doctor who understands my many symptoms, but going back to this falling asleep problem, he is sending me for a brain scan as he thinks it may be small siezures, I will let you know what happens it might be advisable to speak to your doctor again in case it is seizures.

Good luck with the brain scan.
I had to have a scan last yr, mine came back normal.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems